Opinions on BMR

UrbanRedneck

Mar 27, 2008
I'll be buying some lower control arms and relocation brackets soon. I have a gift card to a place that sells BMR and Spohn. I am 99% sure that the Traktek control arms on my brothers LS1 are made by BMR, but I might be wrong. Are their products pretty decent quality? I would be getting just the normal non adjustable ones.

And will LCAs/brackets help traction, even without changing the UCA or panhard rod? I would imagine so, since the LCAs absorb most of the torque load. I know with 360+ ponies at the wheels by brothers LS1 dead hooks on the street with just UCAs/brackers and drag shocks.

• Sponsors (?)

BMR is a pretty good company though people have complained in the past about some quality issues. I picked J&M Hotpart because of their spherical ball design bushing which is more suited for road racing and autocross but that's my preference.

I'll be buying some lower control arms and relocation brackets soon. I have a gift card to a place that sells BMR and Spohn. I am 99% sure that the Traktek control arms on my brothers LS1 are made by BMR, but I might be wrong. Are their products pretty decent quality? I would be getting just the normal non adjustable ones.

And will LCAs/brackets help traction, even without changing the UCA or panhard rod? I would imagine so, since the LCAs absorb most of the torque load. I know with 360+ ponies at the wheels by brothers LS1 dead hooks on the street with just UCAs/brackers and drag shocks.

The Traktek parts are J&M - HotPart Suspension Products parts that are private labeled through Speed Inc.

BMR has had a pretty good reputation, however they did have a problem with their bushings. I have J&M parts and have not had a single failure.

you will improve traction with the parts listed, even without changing the rest of the suspension.