Opinions on Cervini hoods

CPman

Apr 2, 2005
So I go to have my stock hood refinished because of numerous rock chip etc, and I notice considerable corrosion on the underside of the hood along the pinched edges. The car is an 05 that was purchased last month of 2004, so no warranty will cover it. Plan "B", this looks like the perfect opportunity (excuse) to purchase a aftermarket (Cervini's heat extractor) hood. I have no choice. Right?

Question to everyone is, is the Cervivnis product a quality product, and what I mean by "Quality Product" is, does it fit well and how much extra work over stock steel replacement hood am I looking at when it comes to prep and paint? Is there anything else out there that would be better, quality wise?

Just want to cover all bases before I pull the trigger on this and would greatly value and appreciate any past experiences and/or feed back on this product.

• Sponsors (?)

Ran a stalker hood on my '01 for about 6 or 7 years. Not a problem. I used hood pins, but I don't honestly think I needed them. I highly recommend and would have no problems using again. :nice: