Opinions on Conversions

Crackerballer

Founding Member
May 6, 2002
Durham, NC
Just trying to see how everyone feels about people converting their cars to saleen/roush/r, when they really are not. Here is mine

As fas as saleen goes, I se eno problem with converting it, as long as you don't put the badging, sticker, etc on it, and try and tell people its a saleen. I saw a guy one time who had the full kit on, no saleen stickers or badges,a nd even had the guy who put it on fill in the back saleen indents in fiberglass. It looked absolutley fabulous. The roush to me is a different story, because you can get those cars from the factory in stage one, and thats pretty much all you are getting, is a body kit. The cobra R thing, well i can't stand the wing, but i love the hood, and am not sure about the splitter.

The reason I ask all this is I love the roush wing and front end, but feel it would be stupid to put it on my cobra. The wing, maybe, but not the front end.

Anyway, let the opinions fly! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

i have always liked the Cobra R body kit including the wing. it has that race car look to it (circle track or twisty track!)
i think its cool to throw these kits on the cars just as long as you dont claim it to be one. i would only claim a "clone" if i did everything to it including the engine work and suspension.

if i was keeping my 5.0, i was gonna make a cobra clone out of it from top to bottom.

This h o e I was talking to ( I say hoe cause she lyed to her b/f about us being friends and then I had to kick her b/fs ass) had a GT, nice car, that orangsih red, leather, vert, 18 inch chrome y2k r's, and then messed around and put snake emblems on the side and on the back. I was like y? and she was like her daddy did it cause he bought the car and he wanted a cobra. SO i am like why didn't he just get a cobra, ure mom drives an Escalade. Sorry for the ranting, ignorance kills me.