opinions on dual electric fans setup

jgfiveoh

May 8, 2006
Topeka, KS
i don't have any pics to link but what do you guys think? the spal dual 11" paddle style w/built in shroud(2780cfm)............or............two 12"(1360cfm/ea) or 13"(1710cfm/ea) spals with curved blades offset mounted to a custom alum shroud?(drivers side lower so it can help my tranny oil cooler)

controlled by dcc of course.

any opinions or insight would be helpful. however i am staying with SPAL!

thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

That sounds like a lot of money for a smaller CFM rating. There is a dual fan setup out there that you can purcahse ready-made like you are talking about. I don't have the link for you, but someone will.

And I have to ask: Why not get a Lincoln Mark VIII fan for less than $50.00 and be able to pull 4000CFM?

i believe the link(s) you are thinking of is(are) ron davis racing/radiators or something like that and i know holcomb motorsports make one also. ron davis' is part of a alum rad setup with coolant overflow and all that, where holcomb sells the fan/shroud deal. problem is i don't care to have either of those.

as for the mark fan...good question...i guess i'm not so worried about the cfm (anywhere around or above 2600 will be fine) as much as the looks. the mark fan would be more than perfect for this but i have problems (see below:bang: )

i think i've convinced myself to take on a custom project just cause i'm not liking what i see so far and the fact that i think i want to try a hand at a custom alum shroud. it doesn't help that i want it to fit perfectly either.

as far as the price, i found i may be able to get the spals at the distributers price so that has much bearing on the situation.

i guess i just want to run the idea by people again to make sure i'm not insane for considering this.

now that i've cleared things up a little more with this long post i'd like to see what else u guys think

Well you must have got a good one. Cause i just did the same thing and turned around and took it back. Mine didnt push enough air i think my fart would blow more air lol.

Strype said:
I went to Autozone and got a Torq Flo 16" fan last week, and mounted it 2 days ago-

you can feel the air coming out of the Cowl hood :)

My taurus set up looks like like a factory pc on the car, it covers the majority of the radiator and fits like a glove. Infact with the modified stock shroud in place the fan goes unnoticed completely. As for cooling...I would not want to install a unit that could not meet the cooling requirements and would limit my driving style or time.