Opinions on this wheel from SSR?

thunderstorm144

Nov 24, 2004
Alabama
I think I have finally found the "right wheel" for my Torch Red GT. This wheel, 18x9 in the front and 18x10.5 in the back. 45s and 40s for a staggered look. Sitting on BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW tires. Opinions?

ssr_gt3_bs_ci3_l.jpg

This is the tire: (ignore the wheel) Killer tread pattern, no?

gforce_kdw_large.jpg

:nice: :nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I currently have the SSR GT1 on my Lexus IS300 (BTW, that is what I am getting rid of once i get my '05 GT). Mine are 17". The only thing that is a drawback with these wheels, is how much of the brakes you see. If you have weak looking brakes, they will really stand out.

This is my car...

croppedIMG_3059.sized.jpg

looks bad, like its for a ricer car

thunderstorm144 said:
I think I have finally found the "right wheel" for my Torch Red GT. This wheel, 18x9 in the front and 18x10.5 in the back. 45s and 40s for a staggered look. Sitting on BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW tires. Opinions?

ssr_gt3_bs_ci3_l.jpg

This is the tire: (ignore the wheel) Killer tread pattern, no?

gforce_kdw_large.jpg

:nice: :nice: :nice:
wont look good,, better on japanese car,,

Yum, SSR GT3 wheels are nice. I've seen a few 03 Cobras with those wheels. I've considered them myself, but they are a tad more expensive than I'm willing to spend on wheels :). Nice wheels though.

Dave

These are the helo 18" wheels and wanli tires I got from discountwheelwarehouse.com. they are listed as rwd/truck but there suppose to fit.

Attachments

• sparklg.jpg
    sparklg.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 206
  • WanliStreetLarge.jpg
    WanliStreetLarge.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 163
flyingmachine said:
I currently have the SSR GT1 on my Lexus IS300 (BTW, that is what I am getting rid of once i get my '05 GT). Mine are 17". The only thing that is a drawback with these wheels, is how much of the brakes you see. If you have weak looking brakes, they will really stand out.

This is my car...

I like the look of them. I was thinking, concerning your mentioning of the brakes showing too much (which I can see and do agree with you), that the Mustang's brakes are a little beefier and would look okay, but it's hard to tell. What do you think about the 05 brakes sitting behind this wheel?

PS - Nice baby seat in the back! Your child is riding around in style on those tires and rims!!! :D