Ordered my hood today....woot!!

For one, who said they aren't? You should be happy I closed your thread and stopped the bleeding. If you think it's "rice" to have a 00R hood, you're on the wrong site. If you want to leave, I'll be happy to shut the door on your ass on the way out. Mustang World would be happy to have another member.

If you're still angry that your brother's car got bashed so badly, blame yourself. No one bashed YOUR car. In fact, you only got compliments didn't you?

We can't help it if your brother has no taste, but if you're going to start getting personal and making comments that can be construed as a personal attack, you won't be around much longer.

:Word: :Teh-Win: Noone in their right mind could call the 00R hood ricey....now the rear wing, yea ok maybe...but the hood NO.

And willdubeast, im exempt from your judgement anyways :D

SP_A0090.jpg

Attachments

• SP_A0090.jpg
    SP_A0090.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 83
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm gonna get the 00R as well, screw the cowl :D. Just got to give a few more tricks in exchange for a donation to my "Must buy a 2000 Cobra R hood fund". That's legal right? Just like Genshiro Kawamoto hahaha.

I'm gonna get the 00R as well, screw the cowl :D. Just got to give a few more tricks in exchange for a donation to my "Must buy a 2000 Cobra R hood fund". That's legal right? Just like Genshiro Kawamoto hahaha.

Well, at least we know where to order from that won't butt rape us Hawaii guys on shipping.

But in the end, I'll still be first :nice:

San Man......Post tons of pics as soon as you get your hood on and painted:hail2:

I always loved the look of your car and i think it will be even sicker with that hood:nice:

Thank you. Looks like it's going in next week though :( I didn't call him back in time and he scheduled another car in front of mine.

Well, next week is better than Jan 10th (my original appt).

On the 00R, that hood served purpose, correct?

I'm just not a fan of that hood at all. As far as bringing up other posts, thats not really necessary. I come to this thread, dislike something and you bring up an old(and now locked thanks to you) thread ? Seriously, not cool.

As far as I'm concerned, the Cobra R is the ugliest mustang I've ever seen, and GT guys who put 00R parts on their car is tasteless in my opinion.

I'm not hear to insult you, or anyone who feels like they need to buy 00R parts for their GT.. it's just not something I would do.

Well, after much decision based on price and everyone's recommendation, I ordered my hood today from H.O. Fibertrends.

They make the OEM hood for the 00R, the price was great, shipping price to Hawaii was reasonable, and Dave provided great service.

Here's what I ordered:

View attachment 416913

View attachment 416915

Also, since the hood is essentially "OEM," I won't need hoodpins like a few other places "recommended."

Too bad my appointment isn't until mid-January :notnice:

When it's done, I'll also have a 03' Cobra bumper too. Should look nice when it's finished.

It's gonna look sweet once installed!!! :nice:

I'm just not a fan of that hood at all. As far as bringing up other posts, thats not really necessary. I come to this thread, dislike something and you bring up an old(and now locked thanks to you) thread ? Seriously, not cool.

As far as I'm concerned, the Cobra R is the ugliest mustang I've ever seen, and GT guys who put 00R parts on their car is tasteless in my opinion.

I'm not hear to insult you, or anyone who feels like they need to buy 00R parts for their GT.. it's just not something I would do.

Ever heard the saying, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all" ?

I know im not Sand~man, so im really not POd at you but I think id give you a week vacation to cool off were I him :D You seem a bit defiant towards him, and I would suggest you back off....remember he has powa now!

And what hood do you have? Lets see some pics since you obviously think yours is better....just curious and not hating on you in anyway.
Just laying it down straight.

My hood is stock. I never said I had a better hood, but if I choose to go with an aftermarket hood, that wouldn't be my choice... like I said, I dislike GT guys who put cobra R parts on their cars.

This is nothing personal at all, unless you take it that way. I'm just saying I do not like the hood one bit.

Adversly, I don't have a problem with fake saleens or fake 03/04 cobra guys because I favor the way they look by ten fold over the 00R. But if it came down to having a real one of either of those three, it would, of course, be the 00R.

I like the 03/04 Cobra hood, and I like Cervini's ram air II hood or whatever they call it. I think they compliment our cars a lot more.

But it is "to each our own", after all.

A couple reasons why I wouldnt get an 03/04 Cobra hood:

1.) It would make my car look TOO much like a Cobra. It already bears a close resemblance as is, straight down to the interior.

2.) It won't clear the KB 2.6L. Not that I'm planning on getting the bigger KB anytime soon but....ya know?

1. Yes, it did. It was vented for heat.
2. That is entirely your opinion, which you are entitled to. I closed the thread because things were getting out of hand, mainly between 2 members. It had nothing to do with me and you. And that's entirely my judgement call when a thread gets locked, so if you don't think it was "cool," I really don't give flying ****. Not everyone will agree with a moderators decision on a public forum-it's just a fact of life.
3. See #2.
4. See #2.

My hood is stock. I never said I had a better hood, but if I choose to go with an aftermarket hood, that wouldn't be my choice... like I said, I dislike GT guys who put cobra R parts on their cars.

So, if your brother put JDM parts on his "American Version" Toyota or JDM parts on his Honda/Nissan, etc (if he had one of those), then you would dislike that too? You can't say "no," because it's essentially the same thing. If you say "no," you're a hypocrite.

WillDuhBeast said:
This is nothing personal at all, unless you take it that way. I'm just saying I do not like the hood one bit.

And no, I don't take it personal. All I said was you were "skirting" the line of making our debate and differences verge on becoming personal, so I gave you a warning.

WillDuhBeast said:
Adversly, I don't have a problem with fake saleens or fake 03/04 cobra guys because I favor the way they look by ten fold over the 00R. But if it came down to having a real one of either of those three, it would, of course, be the 00R.

I like the 03/04 Cobra hood, and I like Cervini's ram air II hood or whatever they call it. I think they compliment our cars a lot more.

But it is "to each our own", after all.

What's the difference then, in someone putting a "Cobra R" hood on their GT when it isn't a "Cobra R" versus someone putting a "Cobra" hood on their GT when it isn't a "Cobra?" You're contradicting yourself now, since the concept is essentially the same.

If you're going to argue a point, at least stay consistent about it.