ordering mid pipe thursday need help

going to order mid pipe thursday still up in the air about what type..it will be a bbk but thats as far as i got.

x or h..off road

1. do either sound much different..?
2. difference in rwhp.??
3. does one take more torque away than another...??

any help would be the balls.......and opinions are more than welcome

• Sponsors (?)

BBK X pipes sound like trash... if anything, I would get the H pipe but for the same money you can get a UPR O/R X which will give you more power. X is a more exotic and raspy sound while an H will give you a deep muscle car exhaust note. There are too many variables involved to say exactly how your car will sound, this will depend largely on the catback you have.

magnapacks and UPR O/R X arent my favorite combo, and I have vids of it I will post later. Its not too bad, but its real loud and raspy.

I think a Bassani Catted X would sound good with the packs. just my .02 fluff-rizzle.

helty said:
magnapacks and UPR O/R X arent my favorite combo, and I have vids of it I will post later. Its not too bad, but its real loud and raspy.

I think a Bassani Catted X would sound good with the packs. just my .02 fluff-rizzle.

you're probably right... Bassani X pipes are so expensive, but you get what you pay for I guess :)

stangGT97 said:
you're probably right... Bassani X pipes are so expensive, but you get what you pay for I guess :)
Probably????? :nono: lol, jk man.

Bassani is expensive. I happen to have one that I considered selling, but I cant bring myself to do it. Just love the sound it produced. :nice:

I still recommend cats with the Packs, regardless of H or X. It will still be plenty loud, trust me.

Helty speaks the truth!

I wouldn't go with an o/r X-pipe with the 'packs.. It's just WAY too raspy and loud as hell.

However a catted X, SLP or Bassani, would sound great!.. Preferrably Bassani for this setup, imo :nice:

Just don't buy BBK, they sound like crap :nonono:

helty said:
Probably????? :nono: lol, jk man.

Bassani is expensive. I happen to have one that I considered selling, but I cant bring myself to do it. Just love the sound it produced. :nice:

I still recommend cats with the Packs, regardless of H or X. It will still be plenty loud, trust me.

Yes, my Bassani catted-X was worth every cent. I got the aluminized version and even after 2 years I have no rust on it... thats a true testament to their quality. The sound is awesome as well, and whoever says Bassani's crossover design is bad because it is a "clamshell" has been smoking a little too much crack.

I've never had the packs on my car but I agree that they would be a little too loud and raspy w/o cats.

Dont get a bassani O/R X pipe they sound like :puke: . Poping, LOUD, and not smooth at all. They arent a true X design...thats why. You should have heard it on this girls 03 GT...flows and bassani :lol: . It was BAD :nonono: .

Go with a VRS O/R X pipe...its basically a pre-welded up version of the DR gas. In my book, those are the best X pipes made. I have personally heard both...Dr Gas on my car. VRS on another local guys car. Sound :drool: . VERY smooth, and no popping.

stangGT97 said:
Yes, my Bassani catted-X was worth every cent. I got the aluminized version and even after 2 years I have no rust on it... thats a true testament to their quality. The sound is awesome as well, and whoever says Bassani's crossover design is bad because it is a "clamshell" has been smoking a little too much crack.

I've never had the packs on my car but I agree that they would be a little too loud and raspy w/o cats.

With cats they are fine...the cats muffle the popping tendency and give it a much smoother sound....BUT when you go O/R, thats when the true nature of their X cross over comes to light. Believe me, I listened to this girls car leaving work all the time. It was terrible. She had welded in flows. The guy with the VRS had a flowmaster catback (same 2 chambered mufflers) ....and man the car sounded :drool: . No popping and very smooth.
HONESTLY I think it was one of the best sounding stangs I have heard to date :hail2: .