Ordering Steeda upgrades thru dealer on new car?

beviking

Aug 29, 2011
Syracuse,NY
Look out! Noob on the boards!!

Anyone know if it's possible to order a boss intake, cia/tune on a new GT ordered thru a dealer? There is a Steeda cert. dealer nearby, sent an email but don't expect to hear from them right away. Since they're Ford parts, or at least Steeda is aurthorized by Ford, can any dealer order/install them?

• Sponsors (?)

i would be careful man. i wouldnt put any kinda warrenty or anything concrete behind it, but since they are ford techs, i would be confident with their work... overpriced as hell and for those parts its really not worth it. you could order those parts off americanmuscle with install instructions if needed plus the tune sent to you through email. cai, and intake shouldnt be too hard. i think any novice mech could do it. JUST DONT FORCE ANYTHING!!! thats how these projects go wrong and you end up replacing the crap you broke

I have no problem ordering the parts and installing them myself but if I'm ordering a new car, I'm wondering if the dealer can just order the car with the parts installed or yes, install the parts so they are warrantied. Never ordered a new rig with upgrades in mind so I don't know how/if it works? Not to mention, swapping the oem intake for the boss intake seems like an upgrade vs. me buying two intakes to keep one as a spare :shrug:

true, but you may end up paying more for the dealer to do it instead of you, even if it is warrantied. plus its just a matter of time before someone has an intake manifold leak cause they put too much boost through the stock one and youre making money off their mistake. ive made about a quarter of the money ive spent on my parts back through cleaning up and selling the stock ones.

I honestly thought the only parts ford dealers will install on these cars is Saleen/Roush parts. Didnt know Steeda was authorized by Ford.

Hi sgirgiss1214,

Steeda is on the authorized dealer list in the Ford Racing Performance Parts Group, along with many other dealers. Here's the link if you're interested: http://www.FordRacingParts.com/2011-catalog. The list starts on page 278. Have a great afternoon!

~Natasha

true, but you may end up paying more for the dealer to do it instead of you, even if it is warrantied. plus its just a matter of time before someone has an intake manifold leak cause they put too much boost through the stock one and youre making money off their mistake. ive made about a quarter of the money ive spent on my parts back through cleaning up and selling the stock ones.

:rlaugh: May end up paying more for the dealer to do it!?! That's funny!
You do have a good point though on selling the stock parts.

Steeda has indeed just announced a new serialized vehicle program and they will be modifying vehicles for sale at "authorized" dealers.

We want to make it clear that the addition of Steeda parts does not affect the warranty of the Ford vehicle in any manner. Steeda stands behind ALL of their products, and there has NEVER been an instance of a warranty denial. We work hand-in-hand with Ford Racing and mainstream Ford Engineering.

Once again I want reiterate that Steeda stands behind all of their products.

Thanks

TJ

Thanks for the input tj! Just for clarification...

If I buy a new GT from Ford and I install new steeda parts, there will be no warranty issues? OR, does the dealer have to install the steeda part to keep warranty intact?

Also, can the car be ordered with steeda parts or does the dealer have to order parts and do the install?

Bill

If I buy a new GT from Ford and I install new steeda parts, there will be no warranty issues? OR, does the dealer have to install the steeda part to keep warranty intact?

Also, can the car be ordered with steeda parts or does the dealer have to order parts and do the install?

Good morning beviking!

The installation or use of any aftermarket product will not necessarily void the warranty. However, if the aftermarket product fails or causes a Ford part to fail, the cost of the repair and any related damages are not covered by your warranty. While the dealer may be the best place to have the installation completed, having it done elsewhere will not have a negative effect, provided it is installed correctly. :) They are dealer-installed parts, so your dealer may be able to complete installation before you even take your Mustang home, if you like!

~Natasha

Steeda has indeed just announced a new serialized vehicle program and they will be modifying vehicles for sale at "authorized" dealers.

We want to make it clear that the addition of Steeda parts does not affect the warranty of the Ford vehicle in any manner. Steeda stands behind ALL of their products, and there has NEVER been an instance of a warranty denial. We work hand-in-hand with Ford Racing and mainstream Ford Engineering.

Once again I want reiterate that Steeda stands behind all of their products.

Thanks

TJ

We just did make this announcement in a press release earlier this week.

Here is a quick copy and paste from part of that press release.

This officially serialized program will initially offer the following vehicles via a network of specially selected Ford Dealers:
•Steeda Q650 StreetFighter (supercharged 5.0L)
•Steeda Q450 SuperSport (naturally aspirated 5.0L)
•Steeda Q350 Sport(3.7L V6)
•Raceskinz Edition (available in all powertrain configurations)

In addition to the above vehicle lines, we will also be producing a series of other special edition vehicles with unique appeal – to be followed by other vehicle lines in the future that will provide the fully comprehensive product line-up so many enthusiasts have asked for.

You can check out the rest of the release here: Steeda Performance Vehicle Program « Steeda Blog

Give us a call or email me directly at [email protected] if you have any other questions.

Thank you Gus for the follow up!

Just to make it clear. Just because you put a part on your vehicle it DOES NOT void your warranty. For a product to affect the warranty, there must be an investigation done by the party refuting the warranty to prove that the aftermarket product indeed caused the OEM component part to fail. Just because you put a CAI on your car it does not does not automatically void the warranty. The CAI would have the be the direct cause that caused the part to fail. Also, you have to remember when installing aftermarket parts you are responsible to care and drive the car in a non malicious way - because no warranty covers "abuse" .

When you are installing Steeda parts on your cars, please note that we are giving you the benefit of a component part that indeed will work as advertised and will not cause a direct component failure on your car. We work very closely with Ford and develop our performance parts and accessories so that they perform as necessary and will not cause another component to fail. All of our parts are engineered uner strict ISO 9001-2008 certificatied standards and are specifically designed to provide worry free operation. They carry a lifetime warranty and we have never had an instance of a Ford vehicle having it's warranty refuted due to a direct result of our parts.

Steed Autosports is a company that will stand by you in case something does happen. If a dealer does not want to service a warranty claim, then Steeda will provide the necessary support through either the dealer or will work with Ford Motor Company to get your vehicle serviced. Steeda has never had an issue with a warranty claim. All of our products are tested and proven not to exceed recommend testin.. Steeda backs its products 100% so you never have to worry about being left behind.