Progress Thread Oregon Pace Car Story to Coolness

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you all for the kind words. And thank you for your prayers, they are truly appreciated. The MEDs they have me on make me tired all day for some reason. Have to really push myself to get going. They have lowered one but don't see much improvement. Heart feels fine. I think I have all of my blood now. They took blood ever hour of so when I got out surgery......seemed like it anyway. I do still have needle marks in my right arm.. AND they shaved all my hair from my chest to the top of my knees..........some places are REALLY itchy now, REALLY itchy....LOL

Wife said I need to think this over for a while. (didn't say that when I sold my Edsel.....) So unless I get an offer I can't refuse, I will hold on for now.

It is getting warmer, so I will start working again. I hate the red, planning to repaint it the OEM pewter and black. Have a few bad spots to repair I did not see. One dent and one crack. Should not take me as long as before.

Will keep updates coming

Again, thanks for the prayers

Larry
Baby steps. Once you're a little more ambulatory, make a plan to do a little on the car on a regular basis. Even one bolt keeps it on your mind. If you let it slide, years pass before you know it. Ask me how I know.

One bolt takes a minute and isn't too strenuous. You've got this.

LIMP: Does this guy you think I am owe you any money? Then I 'm not the guy. :) In 73 I was stationed in AZ. I live in the Santa Clara area now. What are you working on now? Larry
No but I thought you might be the guy who my EX wife ran off with and I wanted to thank you ......

I recently inherited an 83, 302 convertible 4 speed car with a blown motor... Looking forward to selling my 2 garage queens ( 67 Dodge and an 08 BMW) and making a driver out of the fox body with a new engine ( My explorer engine is at the machine shop) , new 5 speed and probably a 9 inch while I do the 5 lug changeover...
The people on this website have been a HUGE help with getting this car back on the road again with some updates....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Some heart meds are a read downer. Two or three years later, I am no longer on much. I am not a doctor, but I bet doses and numbers of meds will likely be reduced as things stabilize. Just be careful to wear mechanics gloves with the blood thinner. Mick Jagger was back to dancing quickly after a valve replacement so Axl Rose did not become the permanent lead singer for the Rolling Stones. Hopefully you have lived a cleaner life than the Stones did so you will have a quicker recovery.

I'm only 43 and had a stroke a few years ago. I thought all my stuff would have to come to a halt. I couldn't remember where I put my arse let alone a wrench or socket. I don't know how I made it through working but I did. ( I'm a mechanic by trade). It was a very scary feeling. Watching the builds here and answering folks questions helped me a bunch. It was almost like relearning all over again.

I hope you make a full recovery. Don't get all down in the dumps with age. That time can come at any point or age. Not worth worrying about. Just gotta get up and get back to it. Some things change but there's always more than one way to skin a cat. I know a guy that had two knee replacements here and now he's down on the floor building nice rear set ups on the ground with no lift. Sometimes I still have to take a breath and really concentrate to remember the names of things....like a tree is called a tree. One thing I don't mess up on is my ole ladies name. It's always Babe. Lmao

Keep going. Rest is good...sitting around will make you collect dust.

Reactions: 1 users
No but I thought you might be the guy who my EX wife ran off with and I wanted to thank you ......

I recently inherited an 83, 302 convertible 4 speed car with a blown motor... Looking forward to selling my 2 garage queens ( 67 Dodge and an 08 BMW) and making a driver out of the fox body with a new engine ( My explorer engine is at the machine shop) , new 5 speed and probably a 9 inch while I do the 5 lug changeover...
The people on this website have been a HUGE help with getting this car back on the road again with some updates....

Last edited:
79 Pace Guy from Oregon here again. Well, I was offered a 1978 Mustang from a buddy II guy. Seems the wife said get rid of some of your Mustang II or pick on for your bedroom. So I bought it. Drives, but needs work. So I am pulling the engine/trans and cleaning it up before painting. Have not had any luck selling my Pace Car. So, need to make some decisions. One question. the Pace Car has a Sunroof. Will this fit on the II? Can I just cut a big portion off and put in on th e II? Hate to do this, but seems the Pace CAr is not moving. Place an ad on Craigs List, Eugene/Portland Oregon. Thanks for the help. Larry

Reactions: 1 user
Will if I had my choice I would have gotten a II with T-Tops. But m;y wife is a biggie on sunroofs. BUT when I ask her if she wants me to take the top off her 2002 Thunderbird for the summer she says maybe,.......

I am wondering why my post and threads are coming thru with the left side showing computer language. Shows Font Header information and the like. Need to down page a couple of pages to be able to respond.

Trying to register with FourEyePride but no email allowing me to continue???

Attachments

• Right Side Body.JPG
    Right Side Body.JPG
    520.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Right Door.jpg
    Right Door.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 52
Will if I had my choice I would have gotten a II with T-Tops. But m;y wife is a biggie on sunroofs. BUT when I ask her if she wants me to take the top off her 2002 Thunderbird for the summer she says maybe,.......

I am wondering why my post and threads are coming thru with the left side showing computer language. Shows Font Header information and the like. Need to down page a couple of pages to be able to respond.

Trying to register with FourEyePride but no email allowing me to continue???
@Noobz347 it’s not just my account that has an occasional gremlin.
@79PaceKar Refreshing usually fixes it. Cleaning out the cookies was suggested but did not seem to make a difference.

Well it seems yoiu need to have 50 post before you can list anything for sale on the site. So much for trying to be a nice guy about the Pace Car.

If you are a member perhaps you can post with my information? Maybe not. Larry

I hav still not received any email allowing me to finish my registration..

Well it seems yoiu need to have 50 post before you can list anything for sale on the site. So much for trying to be a nice guy about the Pace Car.

If you are a member perhaps you can post with my information? Maybe not. Larry

I hav still not received any email allowing me to finish my registration..
last time i checked, this web forum has nothing to do with any other one. MiKe