Original Window Sticker For '91 Gt Says "vehicle Not For Sale"

66Resto91

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Apr 26, 2004
The other day, I was digging through the original documentation that came with my '91 GT convertible, and as luck would have it, I found the original window sticker. I was kind of surprised to see the words "Vehicle is Not For Sale" in several places on the original invoice. The invoice was also made up without EPA Ratings or a total vehicle price. Under the EPA ratings area, it states again, "EPA data unavailable--Unit is Not to Be Offered For Sale."

I've owned this car for 5 years, and to be honest, I'd never looked that closely at the documentation that came with the car. Does the statement "Not For Sale" mean anything? I was thinking maybe it was a special order car, but after looking through the rest of the documentation, I found a plastic baggie that holds the original owners manuals, and it's stamped with a decal: Ford -- UAW (United Auto Workers, I assume) -- EI," and below that, it says "Employee Involvement--Quality is Job 1."

I've attached pictures below of the original invoices. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever run across anything like this. For all I know, it could be nothing special. Thanks for your help!

View attachment 143254
View attachment 143255
View attachment 143256
View attachment 143257

• Sponsors (?)

Sometimes if an agreement on fuel mileage stats aren't reached before shipment to the dealer, an incomplete window sticker is attached. The same if the car leaves the plant with a known recalled item on board, say before the "fix" was available. They didn't delay shipment and transfer of care to the dealers, however a stop delivery was put on the car until it was corrected. Also have seen it on a first of a run of cars was introduced and it was used as a dealer demo type of thing in order to educate the public and get orders, after all the hoop-la is over, they sell it. Usually if it was a not for sale type of car, a second window sticker came in the mail to the dealer later, or an amendment to the original.

I received the Marti report yesterday. According to Kevin Marti, "Your car was marked not for sale only because the EPA testing for the new model year was not complete and it was not legal to sell a vehicle until after that testing was released. Once it was, another window sticker would have been generated for this vehicle with the EPA data and pricing shown on the sticker."

I was somewhat surprised that my '91 was one of only 138 painted Bright Red with black cloth interior; I would've thought that would've been a much more popular combination. Also, I was surprised to see that the car had the optional 3.27 rear end instead of the 2.73s I always assumed it had.

Reactions: 1 user