OT-Coastal & South East Residents Buckle Down!

• Sponsors (?)

VibrantRedGT said:
Rob no phone service where I live either. We have another store brewing in the tropics. Most of the people who live around me are not removing there storm shutters.
"NOT I" said the dog
"NOT I" said the cat.

My panels are STAYING ON!!

BTW...I have an interior piece painting job for a guy on Corral that saw my pieces on a post..

ALso...I have my EURO clear fogs coming in tomorrow...So Ill have some "stang stuff" to keep me busy this week.

Just wanted you to know Joe, that I DID try to call.
RC

Just Talked to Baglock

I had Dan's (baglock) Cell number, so I called. He and family are fine....he has been w/o power since Saturday. He said structurally, his house is fine, but he did lose his back fence, a lg palm, and all the banana trees.

Currently, he is sitting outside having a chili dog trying to chill out! :flag:

He is in Melbourne, which is just N of the where the eye passed, and one of the heaviest parts of the storm. There were 125 MPH winds there, so all things considered, he did ok.

Just thought Id pass that info along.

RC

I just got power back at 9:30 this morning, it went out saturday at 8:30pm even before we got any bad weather :notnice: It wasnt even really windy here but we did get a lot of rain. My town got the most rain out of everyone from this hurricane.

pleasehelp, mike told me he was going to GA durring this storm

1105 said:
How did your place make it through Joe?

Couple of branches came off the Palm Trees out front. Haven't been on the roof but I do remember there were some cracked spanish tiles. Not sure if they flew away or not. Other then that nothing. When the electric went out we opened the windows in our bedroom and slept through the storm. I know that's a No, No to some experts. After 2 hours of freight train sounds outside we got use to it I guess. We had a couple of 120MPH gusts. On those you could actually feel the pressure drop and the roof vibrate. Maybe I should put a big aluminum Civic wing on the roof for those big gusts.

Maybe I should put a big aluminum Civic wing on the roof for those big gusts.
:lol:

I would have slept throught the storm too... hell... there was nothing else to do so why not? It sucked trying to sleep at night with NO A/C and bedroom window boarded up so no breeze could blow through :notnice: I spent most of my time next to an open window for light and air and started sanding my turbo so I can polish it... Needless to say its probably the best thing I've done polishing wise so far and I almost have it done and ready for the car.
turbo02.jpg

^^^ looks good, im still out of water/power(on a freinds computer). I got like 4 trees down and alot of water but no damage to the house except for the screen around my pool. I couldnt even pull into my driveway there was so many branches. My dads a boat captain and the owner lives in spain so we got a place to stay, i think I like this yacht more then my house. It makes its own power so I have a/c and everrything there. Oh and for Vib/RC/1105, of you all are out of gas, go to a marina and try one of there pumps. Thats what ive been doing, no lines, plenty of gas but it is a little more expensive. Illl post pics up when I get a chance.

120 mph winds? hmmm, by the time it really got it us it was gay, category 2, i think the most we got were like 90 mph gusts at times, electric went out for awhile, not much damage around here except some trees, powerlines, light poles, joe, how did u like the mess on 441 and glades? hahaha

I'm back. I have power finally. As RC mentioned, I'm a palm tree, 1/2 an oak, a dozen or so banana trees, and a fence short now. I almost got a new car out of the deal (a new Viper SRT-10 would have been nice) as the palm tree landed 3 ft from my car, but alas it was not to be.

94GTLaserRC said:
You dont want a Viper Anyway...their forums are TOO STUFFY!!

I wouldn't bother with their forums. Who wants to sift through 50 Zaino threads? I'd still hang on this board and the other non brand specific forum I read.

Besides, I'd probably be shunned for having owned a Mustang and making less than 250k a year. :rolleyes: