OT: How to Drive the Boyfriend CRAZY!

Having nothing to do with Mustangs - but here's a little story with a couple of FORD products in it (indicated in Blue).

A little setup: Today (4/18) is my son Matt's birthday. My sweet wife Sue (Mrs StDr) was "called in" to recover a patient after emergency surgery at about 4:30AM local. Sometime around 5:30-6:00; both Matt and I woke up and started our day. At 7:15 my wife came home from work and suggested a nice Sunday AM dinner at a local eatery for "just the 3 of us, let the other kids sleep!" Since my idea towards eating out is somewhat like that of our resident Hemming's writer (Chepsk8); the thought of paying to feed only half the crew appealed. Well, then Jessie woke up, then Trish (1/2NK); so it looked like the whole gang was going, until Justin (NoKitten) mumbled from his pillow that we should just go as the immediate family (as long as we all got out of the living room and let him go back to sleep :rolleyes: ). So we did. After breakfast and on the way home, we were sitting at a stop light just three blocks from our town's primary major arterial intersection; and saw a rather interesting multi-car pileup "down the road" at that major intersection. Shot through our light and dove into a bank's parking lot so Mrs. StDr could bail out and play "angel of mercy" for the victims and I helped direct traffic (too much time as an S.O. reservist and Emergency Management guy).

A Little More Setup: The vehicles involved were: A Toyota Tacoma P/U traveling South at a good clip; driver hoping to "make it through under the yellow" (she didn't, it was RED by then :rolleyes:). An '03 Dodge Ram Quad Cab had been traveling North, but was stuck in the intersection trying to turn left (West) when the light turned red. This guy thoughT "red light, now I can turn and get out of everybody's way" (he didn't, 'cause the Toyota was haulin' a$$ to blow through the light :nonono: ). Force of the crash spins the 4670lb Ram around 270+ degrees; until it comes to a rest in/on a little GMC S-10 and a Mercury Sable that had been sitting at the stoplight in the eastbound lanes. By the way, the Ram is a "sport" model; all white, no chrome anywhere except the door badges and tailgate badge (just like Mrs. StDr's Quad Cab)

The Part Where NoKitten Freaks Out: Justin (in Dammit the Bronco) comes driving up to the intersection; on his way to his storage unit. Sees the wreck (how can he NOT see it, it's all over the intersection), sees the mangled all-white Dodge, sees me now talking to a local PD, DOESN'T SEE Mrs StDr "checking out" the victims in the Mercury and DOESN'T SEE our Ram (with the kids in it) sitting in the bank parking lot. So now he's sitting there all googly eyed, thinking about 1/2 NK (and maybe even thinking about the rest of us) being in the wreck. I guess he finally calmed down when I answered my cellphone with "Hello, chill out, that's not our truck" At the time we left the scene, only one vic had gone to the ER; the lady in the Sable, who has diabetes and a heart history - the physical shock was messing with her vitals so Sue mentioned her "CCRN, ACLS" title to the EMT's and "suggested" they push for transport. The rest refused.

We're all at home now, and NK mentioned something about shampooing the front seat of the Bronco??? :shrug: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Still Dreamin'

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
Yo' geezer.....couldn't you figure out an easier way to do it?:D :rlaugh:

PPFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT.... I probably could have figured out about 1,000,000,000 easier ways to do it than standing in Yuma's busiest intersection trying to keep winter visitors from adding to the carnage while they were rubber-necking; especially when I really just wanted to go back home and rest up after a huge breakfast! But this one was presented to me (dumped into my lap is a more accurate description of events); so I ran with it!

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
PPFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT.... I probably could have figured out about 1,000,000,000 easier ways to do it than standing in Yuma's busiest intersection trying to keep winter visitors from adding to the carnage while they were rubber-necking; especially when I really just wanted to go back home and rest up after a huge breakfast! But this one was presented to me (dumped into my lap is a more accurate description of events); so I ran with it!
Too bad you hadn't dumped a half gallon of ketchup all over yourself at breakfast first........then he woulda really 5h*t himself!:rlaugh:

65stanger said:
Too bad you hadn't dumped a half gallon of ketchup all over yourself at breakfast first........then he woulda really 5h*t himself!:rlaugh:

Heeeyyyyyyyy, now that's a thought! :D

Unfortunately, I had no prior knowledge that a Toyota was gonna take on a Dodge right in front of me (not to mention that NK was gonna get up and be on the road at that time); so I couldn't properly prepare. :nonono:

Still Dreamin'

Damn stray cats. leaving goodies in my truck........ I did not need to shampoo the front seat. Maybe a steam clean from all the exhaust gasses from the engine bay (not transfer case boot). Anyway, I wasn't worried when I saw Stangdreamin' & his other half standing on the curb...... the dodge quad cab worried me a bit....

~meow

NoKitten said:
Damn stray cats. leaving goodies in my truck........ I did not need to shampoo the front seat. Maybe a steam clean from all the exhaust gasses from the engine bay (not transfer case boot). Anyway, I wasn't worried when I saw Stangdreamin' & his other half standing on the curb...... the dodge quad cab worried me a bit....

~meow

i dont think acting macho turns 1/2 NoKitten on :banana:

PUUUHLEASE! I can come up with a 1,000,000 ways to make NoKitten freak out...just to throw a few out...

1) Well the other guy said he'd pay for the damage, but I'm pretty sure we're gonna have buy the new engine for Cleo after that wreck...

2) Should there really be that many parts falling off the bronco after you washed it?

3) Ya know how ya busted my driver's side taillight on the s-10 a while back... well know I think we're really close to even...

4)Any of the following phrases: "OOPS!" "I think we still have a few bandaids, but I think you should just go get the Kleenex and duct tape for that" " That cannot be good news" " I think Latigo ate that, too" " oh it's just a little ( fill in the blank)" "I wonder if..." "How could you forget what today is?" "Oh crap" "D'oh!"

And that's just a few things that would get him weezing and reaching for the inhaler.

1/2NK

65fastback2+2 said:
i dont think acting macho turns 1/2 NoKitten on :banana:

well, bricks don't leave much of a mess to clean up, just gotta find a dumpster. I didn't actually think it was their dodge until I saw them standing there..... otherwise, I figured they were still out eating (I was close to correct).

~meow

1/2 No Kttn said:
Oka apparently I wasn't totally specific as to which two people I was talking about... No Kitten and Myself... Who else would I be in a relationship with???????

1/2 NK

don't tell me it's some dork with a grand national......

Actually, my other personalities have been feeling a bit left out.....

~Meow

65fastback2+2 said:
*gets 65stanger to sign up for 1.8 No Kttn*
Sorry Bubba......I'm old enough to be 1/2NK's Dad, in fact, I am **cough**cough** older than 1/2NK's GEEZER Dad! :D
StangDreamin' said:
TWO PEOPLE????? WTF?????
What's the problem with two? I'm in a relationship with three....Me, Myself and I!:D
StangDreamin' said:
What do I gotta do, buy another couch for a second "lump"??????
If I were you, I'd have a doctor take a look at that funny little lump.....you never know, it could be malignant!:eek: Besides, even if it's not, you could have it surgically removed!
:rlaugh: