OT - Red Sox sweep!

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
yeah baby! :nice: Long time comin, but the wait was worth it! I know my fellow new englanders are with me on this one! Just got back from worcester main street, where riot cops were shooting rubber bullets at people. Pretty scary in person. I was sober and DD, so naturally I burned off about 200 dollars worth of tire in and around Worcester. :rolleyes:

Yankees what?

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

Black95GTS said:
yeah baby! :nice: Long time comin, but the wait was worth it! I know my fellow new englanders are with me on this one! Just got back from worcester main street, where riot cops were shooting rubber bullets at people. Pretty scary in person. I was sober and DD, so naturally I burned off about 200 dollars worth of tire in and around Worcester. :rolleyes:

Yankees what?

Adam

Even though im from Detroit...i was glad to see them come back on the Yankees and to sweep the Cardinals.....especially since its been 80 sumtin years or however long. :nice:

Took you guys long enough :) How many world series rings you guys have??

After their come back on the yankees, as much as I wanted to see them lose, they worked hard and deserved it I guess. Just dont get all cocky like all the other yankee haters, its just ONE win, know what I mean ;)

Im still :(

chicago-cubs.png

I HATE the Yankees. There is only one team I hate more than the Yankees and that's the Red Sox. They'll come back over-confident and get blown out of the water, just like every other year. It was a well deserved win though, I have to give them that. I do wonder though, what would have happened if the Cardinals showed up.

Another thing that I wonder: Since when did Francona become a good manager? He was the world's worse manager when he coached for the Phillies......

Joe

Joes95GT said:
I HATE the Yankees. There is only one team I hate more than the Yankees and that's the Red Sox. They'll come back over-confident and get blown out of the water, just like every other year. It was a well deserved win though, I have to give them that. I do wonder though, what would have happened if the Cardinals showed up.

Another thing that I wonder: Since when did Francona become a good manager? He was the world's worse manager when he coached for the Phillies......

Joe

Hows delawares baseball team?

Torre wasnt a good manager before new york, its all about having the $$$ to spend on good players. Same for francona

Who cares how many world series the yankees have won, who won this year? Yes exactly, thats all the matters, the present, not the past.

Also, jeter and arod are homos, arod is a cheater, and shefield is a shiit talking roid monkey, that sums up the yankees.

HAHA let the SMACK talkin fly. Well I predicted in 5 but wow they shocked me. As for you Yankee fans yall can sit in shame on opening day when yall have to sit through boston giving out the world series rings at Fenway. RC sorry man Cubbies only reason I ever watched one of their games was because I wanted to see Harey Carey (rip) drunk singing in the 7th inning stretch. Yankee fans don't worry George flew the staff to florida. Word is that he is gonna top his 2004 team salary. So sorry George 180 mil. didn't so it last year be prepared it may take more than that. Go SOX!!!

Haha, did you guys see they took down the "reverse the curse" sign on Storrow Drive?? That sign has been a landmark for many years! I'm actually sad to see it gone.

Just think, no more having to listen to the yankees "1918" chants anymore.

Next: Patriots 3rd Superbowl win!

I'm 41, I've seen my team in the BRONX win 6 World series In my lifetime they will get more before I kick. Lets not forget who the Boss is. You won, I felt the way you do when I saw the Rangers win the Stanley cup in 94. Enjoy it, it only lasts a season.

whatever, that one season is enough to keep most sox fans, especially the old ones, so at least i can say we saw them win before we die. what sucks for me is im a cubs and red sox fan, and growing up when the two teams you love arent winning games is depressing. thats why i stopped be a bucs fan (they SUCKED in the early 90s) but i never lost the love for boston and chitown

The sox played ok (I mean the 8 E in 2 games), and the cards plain dropped the ball. Congrats to the better team that played better, wanted it more, and deserved to win.

I wanted the cards to come back and play like they did all season, but they did absolutly nothing for 4 games and in reality did this ever since they left to play the stros for game 4.