OT: Thunderbird questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servo11

Feb 8, 2004
A friend of mine is considering buying a new Thunderbird and asked me my opinion of the car, but I don't know much about it at all. I was wondering if any of you who own one or are familiar with it can tell me ypur opinions. I believe she is looking for an everyday driver.

Also, what do you think of the 3.9 DOHC V8? It sounds like it guzzles (17/23) and I found it interesting that a $38,000 car produces less hp and torque than the new 3V, but like I said I know little else about the car - e.g., how does it handle, etc. (I know its an IRS, which I imagine is preferable for her.) Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

u can prob get it for under 30, and saleen did a supercharged one, not sure if they made a kit out of it

the interior on them is pretty sweet. i dont consider that gas mileage bad, its prob better than my 6

The 3.9L DOHC engine is a jewel. Think of it this way, the 4.6 is a Timex, the 3.9 is a Rolex. The 3.9 is the smoothest engine that has ever been sold in a Ford.

You can't compare it to the new 3V because you can't yet buy a 3V. Every new engine should be better than one that was available 3 years ago.

The 3.9 is actually just a deborred Jaguar engine. It's a shame Ford didn't just use the original Jag engine, then it would have been alot faster. Ford likes to keep there Jaguar stuff exclusive though.

The thunderbird is just ment to be a cruiser though. Not a hot rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.