OT: What does everyone do for a living

• Sponsors (?)

speedy66 said:
oh yeah i forgot the best part.. As of June I will be starting my application process to become a police officer

Average for me is like 3.5 hrs a night...I feel for ya ob

For me it's about 4 during the week and 5 on weekends (depending on what's going on). At times like last semester i was at 2.5-3 hrs a night (with a day or two a month where i just crash and sleep for 8 hours straight). It was a very hard semester.

LMan said:
That's what happens when you become indispensible :D

Talk about indispensible, I'm the only non-tenured teacher to not be let go by cut backs in the last four years in my district. I'm a Special Ed. Junior High teacher for students with behavior problems. One step before the department of corrections. :nonono: If the regular teachers can't handle them, they come to me.

fess40 said:
Talk about indispensible, I'm the only non-tenured teacher to not be let go by cut backs in the last four years in my district. I'm a Special Ed. Junior High teacher for students with behavior problems. One step before the department of corrections. :nonono: If the regular teachers can't handle them, they come to me.
I have an aunt who does that.

-Chelle

Where to start?

8 1/2 years active duty as a radar tech, 5 years now in reserves as a Computer tech, Half a mechanical engineering degree, probably going to change to computer or electrical when I go back to school, but just got hired as a systems integrator for a company that provides remote interfaces for broadcast companies' receive sites, among other fun electronic stuff.

I work at a Veterinary Hospital. My "official" title is Kennel Technician. I take care of all of the animals and clean everything. When I'm not at the Hospital, I'm taking care of 50 dogs, 5 cats, 2 horses, and 2 goats (and the crazy old lady who lives with them).

fess40 said:

I feel for you, what a tough job on poor pay. I'll take the Iraqis, thanks anyway :nonono:

fess40 said:

You realize, that students in any sped program have IEPs that must be met by law. Behavior IEPs are just as debilitating for the student as low functioning, mentally challenged students. I question your comment about the other teachers not being able to "handle" them. You must know, that other teachers can or could handle them, it just wouldn't be fair to the other students in the classroom for them to take instructional time away to deal with a student with behavior problems. There currently is a shortage in ESL and Sped teachers nationwide. I suspect that is the reason why you haven't been RIF'd.