Ouch

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 2, 2003
Sea of Tranquility
My son was coming home from school the other day and got rear ended by another kid in a junked up Mitsubishi. I was a little perturbed to say the least.
DSC_0380_080_zpscfe3d75c.jpg

DSC_0378_078_zps2e1a2318.jpg

DSC_0376_076_zps5e6e57ae.jpg

DSC_0375_075_zps057db2db.jpg

DSC_0374_074_zps5cc0e72f.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Just a little crease in the lower rear quarter right where the valance meets the fender. I'd like to keep as much of the original parts as I can. I know that valance is toast though.

Reactions: 1 user
That really sucks. At least it wasn't as bad as a blue fastback I saw recently.

Once it gets repaired, I suggest upgrading the tail lights. I prefer the Scott Drake 3 bulb housings. You can do either sequential or non sequential. The other option is Mustang Project LED tail lights.

Yeah...the trailer hitch saved some damage. It's in the shop now...a restoration place. Not many traditional shops wanted to touch it. Should have it back this week. Going to have the whole car painted while it is there. A year of high school kids dinging the doors and fenders has taken it's toll. Should look nice when we get it back.

off topic, but is that a dealer add on type hitch?? I was thinking about getting one for a little fiberglass trailer i want to fix up for car shows with a bbq,tv/stereo,tools etc. I dont think it will weigh over 500lbs. I see it bolts to the bumper bolts, where else does it attatch???

Thanks.

Yeah...and it tore the trunk floor a bit where the hitch was attached. So it saved further damage to the rear in exchange for some sheet metal rework in the trunk. Car looks good. The hitch is gone now so it's a little cleaner. I have to take care of some clear overspray but overall I good with the repair.