Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
IMG_0773.JPG
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG
hello stangnet brethren,

I'm looking for id on aftermarket suspension parts on a 93 convertible. The pictures show. These are aftermarket subframes correct? What kind?

Also, rear control arms are obviously dropped with brackets. Any idea what brand they are or what they're worthy of?

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0779.JPG
The Tq boxes look good.

I may be returning this suspension back to stock form. Or at least stock ride height and ride quality. Right now it's low and rough. Way too stiff in the front especially

I'm de-modifying a 5.0. Its in 93. The car currently has x303 cam, a SCT chip in the computer and no O2 sensors but the wiring harness is still hanging under there and the pipes have bungs for sensors. It has 24lb injectors and matching MAF.

I'll be putting a stock ho cam back in. I have a spare A9L computer on the shelf. I think I'll install O2's, swap the spare A9L in and see what happens. I have stock 19lb injectors and MAF standing by. However, I have not yet decided to delete the 24lb's yet. Also the IAT is just laying on top of the intake currently. Do I leave it there, move it to the intake pipe in front of the TB, or drill and tap the intake to install IAT in intended location?

Car has GT40 heads and intake and adjustable FP regulator which are staying for sure.

Any thought or input are appreciated. What kind of troubles might I run into?

If you are going to do this, you pretty much need to go the entire way.

Put the o2's back, add the IAT (put it in the airbox if the intake isn't tapped) and stick the 19's back in.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are going to do this, you pretty much need to go the entire way.

Put the o2's back, add the IAT (put it in the airbox if the intake isn't tapped) and stick the 19's back in.

I think I'll take this advice. The 19's will be more than enough with the stock cam. The engine mods that will remain are Explorer GT40 heads and intake, 70mm TB and 70mm 19lb MAF.

I'll post anything interesting along the way and for sure on the end result.

I just looked in the kick panel. The currently installed ecu is A9P which is originally installed with AOD trans. The ecu on the shelf is A9L which is for T5.

Interestingly, the car was originally a T5 car but it now has AOD. I will be sticking with AOD for the time being.

The installed A9P has an SCT chip in it. If I pull the chip, will the ecu revert back to stock settings? I hope so since it has an AOD, I'd like the stock configured A9P. Will it go back to stock if I remove the chip?

Are you saying the harness is different with AOD vs T5 with regard to o2 function?

Most likely, the harness is original to the car which is a T5 manual trans. But how would I verify that by looking at the harness? Obviously it's possible that the harness may have been changed or modified but I have no clue if it was. Not at this point anyway.

So, I have a mish mash of stuff here, what should I confirm so I can have the best luck in choosing what will work best?

It's definitely a T5 car originally. But it now has AOD trans and A9P ecu. (With chip, which I want to ditch)

Are you saying the harness is different with AOD vs T5 with regard to o2 function?

Most likely, the harness is original to the car which is a T5 manual trans. But how would I verify that by looking at the harness? Obviously it's possible that the harness may have been changed or modified but I have no clue if it was. Not at this point anyway.

So, I have a mish mash of stuff here, what should I confirm so I can have the best luck in choosing what will work best?

It's definitely a T5 car originally. But it now has AOD trans and A9P ecu. (With chip, which I want to ditch)

It actually has nothing to do with the O2's. Ford just routed the NSS wiring differently between 5sp and AOD and put the switching jumper in the o2 harness.

BUT, lets cross that bridge if you need to. I assume the SCT chip is simply changing the fuel injectors for 19's to 24's. In that case, pulling the chip should revert the A9P to stock form, and you should be all set.

Now, if you decide to go to the A9L, then you should check the o2 jumper first, as it can potentially burn up the ECU. However, there is really no major difference between A9L and A9P. There are some, but in the grand scheme of things, not enough to warrant changing one for the other, especially if keeping the AOD in place.

Thanks for all your help man.

This thing has x303 cam I believe which I will be changing out for the stock cam soon. Before I do I might remove the tuner chip from the A9P and put o2's back in. Crank it up and see what happens. Shouldnt the stock configured ECU should be able to manage the x303? I mean, maybe not to optimal performance but at least sustain the engine in running condition

With my rear weld prostars i need to run 1/4" spacers to clear the quad shocks, even with the quads flipped around. I have lugs with 1.367" shank length. At least 5/8" of the shank will engage the hole when tight and I will have at least 14 full revolutions of thread.

Am I safe? Just double checking since I've never run spacers before. It's for a street driven normal use only. No extreme racing or stick slicks.

Deleting the quads is not an option by my choice.

Attachments

• IMG_0859.JPG
    IMG_0859.JPG
    597.1 KB · Views: 155
I've removed Lakewood traction bars, installed stock springs front and back, added missing sway bars and quad shocks, replaced leaking rack with new 2.25 turn unit, new tie rod ends, new rear wheel cylinders, new rear brake cables, rebuilt front calipers, replaced incorrect caliper pins, replaced missing front dust cover, replacing missing front bumper support, replaced door hinge pins, will be replacing x303 with stock HO cam and reverting ECU back to stock with o2's back online (currently missing).,

I need to undo a hack engine harness tuck job and fix various other electrical stuff too. AOD is having overdrive holding issues so thats on the list too.

I'm keeping it for now but when I'm done, I'll feel confident if I do sell it, somebody will be getting a decent car.

Reactions: 1 users