Out with the old and in with the new

Dan P.

Founding Member
Apr 26, 2002
N.C.
I am trying to install my new 140mph speedo thought I would share some pics of my progress. I also have a question. What is the card that is in the upper left hand corner on the back of the cluster?
attachment.php

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

Okay I got the speedos swapped and put in. But now there is a problem. The speedo reads too fast and it tends to jump. I still have the stock tires and rims with a 3.73 rear gear and a auto trans. Help me please to solve this problem.
Thanks
Dan

What kind of car did this speedo come from? I know my 4cyl stang has a 85, did they ever make 140mph's for the 4cyl? Cause I didn't think they made V8's with 3.73 gears, if so that would kinda be your problem. And even if it is for a 4cyl, and I'm wrong about V8's then was the donar car a manual or auto?

Falqon12 said:
What kind of car did this speedo come from? I know my 4cyl stang has a 85, did they ever make 140mph's for the 4cyl? Cause I didn't think they made V8's with 3.73 gears, if so that would kinda be your problem. And even if it is for a 4cyl, and I'm wrong about V8's then was the donar car a manual or auto?
nope, not the problem. That is the job of the speedo gear in the transmission.
Does it read way high or to low? I don't have a clue why it would read off, but you might be able to use a speedo gear to fix the problem. Have a friend drive 45mph, and pace him. Read your speedo. I would almost bet it will say 70 which is what it would read if there was a 140 face on an 85 speedo.
BTW, why don't you get on AOL again sometime soon?