Outnumbered By Idiots

Screenshot_20170220-010251~01.png

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Not as crazy as it sounds. I've seen it happen twice on factory cold air inlets in heavy rain. 1st one was a girlfriend of mine back in the day, driving a Chevy Beretta. She hit deep standing water in a neighborhood driving too fast, and I had to pull all the spark plugs and blow the water out.

2nd was a 90 C1500 I owned. I hydroplaned off into a very deep ditch full of water during a storm. It was on it's way out of the ditch in reverse when it soda strawed itself full of water and bent several connecting rods. Insurance actually bought a new engine for it, but it was never the same again..

I'd like to point out the obvious.. both were Chevys...

Reactions: 1 user
I have seen it, Honda idiots place the filter down in the lowest corner of the bumper/wheel well. Then slam the car, any puddle deeper than 6" and the filter can be exposed to water. What's better is when they have the liner out, water gets slung on the filter the whole drive.

I have seen it, Honda idiots place the filter down in the lowest corner of the bumper/wheel well. Then slam the car, any puddle deeper than 6" and the filter can be exposed to water. What's better is when they have the liner out, water gets slung on the filter the whole drive.

That's exactly where Chevrolet put them in the early 90's. They were idiots before it was cool.

I killed my MAF in my Toyota truck back in the day from hitting big mud puddles out on some dirt roads after a heavy rain (that does happen in San Diego from time to time). Water went through my K&N and in to my MAF and had to replace it. My filter was located in my engine bay but I may have not reinstalled my fender liners after my header installation. Lesson learned the hard way.