Outnumbered By Idiots

There is nothing about the words, "Jiffy Lube" that would inspire enough confidence in me to allow them to change my head gasket.

This is a cleverly disguised Top 10 entry we're looking at here. So much failz.

• Sponsors (?)

upload_2017-5-11_11-49-38.jpeg

The Fleet Management company I work for doesn't trust Jiffy Lube to do brakes and tires let alone a head gasket.

Internet mechanics by ass. I had one stand in-front of me in real life and attempt to explain to me how oil in the water was good for some portions of the cooling system.

The little old lady who ran the office stopped him when she saw the look on my face.

Paid mechanic. :doh:

:nonono:

When I worked at a GMC dealership, I saw a truck come in with brake issues. We later diagnosed that the customer had filled the brake reservoir with power steering fluid. Someone told the owner that's where it went because it had a hydroboost brake booster. Everything that wasn't metal in the brake system had to be replaced. It swelled almost twice it's size.

When I worked at a GMC dealership, I saw a truck come in with brake issues. We later diagnosed that the customer had filled the brake reservoir with power steering fluid. Someone told the owner that's where it went because it had a hydroboost brake booster. Everything that wasn't metal in the brake system had to be replaced. It swelled almost twice it's size.
Had to do that on a Grand Caravan... Walmart "lube tech" poured P/S fluid in the brake fluid reservoir. Between Walmart and Jiffy Lube, I see the most awesome screwups.... except for that one time a Firestone left the drain plug out on a Sonata Hybrid...

If that Firestone had been following company procedure, it never would have happened. The best part was the Firestone tech, in front of the store manager and the district manager in the Hyundai dealership shop trying to explain it away. He almost fainted when I asked where the torque-seal mark was on the pan, and one of the other Hyundai techs asked who the second tech was that verified the drain plug was tight.

Poor Firestone tech didn't know that myself and two other techs in that shop had worked for Firestone at one time or another. We grilled his ass in front of his two bosses.

Reactions: 1 user