Oven cleaner for paint stripper?

• Sponsors (?)

I used oven cleaner in my engine compartment, where years of oil slung out by the I-6 were caked. It was the only thing that worked on that caked-on mess. (Paint remover wouldn't budge the caked oil.) Just spray it on, wait, hose it down. Took it to the metal. You need very thorough washing before repainting.

It all depends on the weather. You can leave it till it begins to dry. 30-45 minutes does well. Aircraft is by far the most potent on the market. Paint and decal remover aerosol is weaker, and oven cleaner is weaker yet. All of the above work better in warmer temps.

Go get yourself a gallon of aircraft stripper. Not the spray on...the brush on. DO NOT get any on your skin. Paint that stuff on. For optimal performance, put some tinfoil over it and let the fumes do the work. Wait 15 minutes...then take a putty knife.....it should take it right down to bare metal.

This is what I use to remove powdercoating and paint and anodization.

Well I bought a gallon of aircraft stripper and a bottle of easy off. I have to say that the aircraft stripper kicks butt! Can someone tell me what the original paint was made from? That is some bad a@# paint! The stripper would not bubble it off. It made it really soft so I scraped most of it off. I have found out since I started stripping that the car must have been rolled over or someone beat the crap out of it. there is bondo and holes from a slide hammer in the: front pass fender-pass rear quarter- hood-trunk lid-drivers rear quarter-and roof. The frame rail where the pitman arm bolts through is pushed in where something shoved it in that direction. At least the body is still structurally straight! Lovely. I guess it will soon be dolly and welding time.