overhead gauge pod for 99-04 mustangs

johnnyt03gt

5 Year Member
Mar 15, 2008
dallas TX
i have been searched goggle all night for an overhead gauge pod that would go over or replace the useless stock overhead "pinnacle holder net" on my 03 because as some of you my know im getting everything ready for my nitrous install im not trying to advertise it
so the a pillar is not an option nor is the cluster pod if i can't find an overhead i may just
turn my console into my command center

so any advice or write up as for modifying stock overhead or fabricating new one would greatly help me THANKS

• Sponsors (?)

I'd love to see it. I built a nitrous control box to fit into the overhead cargo net in my 02. It was fabbed from sheet metal in 2 pieces - a base and a lid. The base screwed into the roof panel and the lid attached to the base. The wiring was fed thru convoluted tubing that ran along the edge of the top of the headliner. There is a large gap there to stuff the tubing. For the section between the cargo net box and the front edge of the windshield, I epoxied a piece of velcro to the headliner, then used thin picture hanging wire (single strand) to wrap another piece of velcro to the tubing. I covered the base and lid with headliner material. You can buy headliner at your local crafts/fabric store. I can't recall exactly how much it cost, but I remember it was cheaper than I expected. It matches better than the picture shows...the flash kinda distorts the colors. It wasn't a perfect match, but it was close and the texture was spot on.

Best of luck and keep us posted if you do build a gadget like this...

I'd love to see it. I built a nitrous control box to fit into the overhead cargo net in my 02. It was fabbed from sheet metal in 2 pieces - a base and a lid. The base screwed into the roof panel and the lid attached to the base. The wiring was fed thru convoluted tubing that ran along the edge of the top of the headliner. There is a large gap there to stuff the tubing. For the section between the cargo net box and the front edge of the windshield, I epoxied a piece of velcro to the headliner, then used thin picture hanging wire (single strand) to wrap another piece of velcro to the tubing. I covered the base and lid with headliner material. You can buy headliner at your local crafts/fabric store. I can't recall exactly how much it cost, but I remember it was cheaper than I expected. It matches better than the picture shows...the flash kinda distorts the colors. It wasn't a perfect match, but it was close and the texture was spot on.

Best of luck and keep us posted if you do build a gadget like this...

that's tight, but im also looking at ur dash pod i wonder if it could mount waer the cargo,
net is and just use some autometer angle rings for the right angle. you know with would also be cool if i get rid of the cargo net thing and have like a custom overhead that looks
stock but would have like a flip down type deal exposing gauges/switches and when done
flip it back up im definitely brain storming some fresh ideas today i was going to do some R&D mock up's but spent all day @ late model performance finishing rear suspension
i have a can of fiber glass and wood out back next week ima TRY make prototype lol
i'll definitely keep u all informed