overheating, timing is FUBAR and wont start after being ran. ive searched for 45mins.

BK_CAULEY

it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
instead of giving a long story of whats going on im gonna itemize it for your reading pleasure.

1. running hot, almost to point of over heating.

2. if i set timing at 12* it wont start up for around 5-10 seconds of turning. then when it does start it wont idle it shuts back off. and has no throttle response.

3. if i set timing to 20+* it will run fine and idle fine but start to over heat.

Here is what ive looked at and changed.

new T-stat, radiator (factory replacement). the water pumps good.

pulled dizzy set pointer to 0* and stabbed it at #1 on the compression stroke.

marked the balancer at 12* with chalk and set from there with spout out.

Why wont the car run with low timing? hell it wont even idle. even if i set the idle screw way in. it makes no sence. and after it runs and gets put it wont start back up. just spins. and it has a hard time doing that.

• Sponsors (?)

i just went out and tried it. yes it does run, but it changes tone a little bit when i unplug it. and its cold right now also. im having the most trouble once it gets hot. i pulled the codes and got KOEO 31,81,82,84,85 KOER 31

NVM, I didnt notice that code 85 was engine off, sounds like your CANP or canister purge solenoid is either stuck or faulty. what it's supposed to do is regulate the flow of fuel vapor from the evap canister back to the fuel system, if it's not working right then that might be why your car isnt running well.

NVM, I didnt notice that code 85 was engine off, sounds like your CANP or canister purge solenoid is either stuck or faulty. what it's supposed to do is regulate the flow of fuel vapor from the evap canister back to the fuel system, if it's not working right then that might be why your car isnt running well.

it hasnt been pluged up in 2 years.

Pull the dizzy and make sure your not 180 out... pulled my dizzy on my 91, did a turbo install and the car would be hard really hard to start.. when it would start it would sound like it was barely getting fuel and die. Tried everything and turns out I was 180 out.. may not be your issue but it's worth the 15 minutes to check especially if your getting good spark and fuel pressure

Pull the dizzy and make sure your not 180 out... pulled my dizzy on my 91, did a turbo install and the car would be hard really hard to start.. when it would start it would sound like it was barely getting fuel and die. Tried everything and turns out I was 180 out.. may not be your issue but it's worth the 15 minutes to check especially if your getting good spark and fuel pressure

the car starts up fine. and drives fine. it only does this when it gets warm.

Keep this in mind.your vacuum harness is mini hoses.my 03 had 1 burnt line and 3 restricted lines.i replaced it with new ford parts and solved alot stuff .i found that pulling complete harness off was the best way .when sucking and blowing thru line it should be like blowing thru a straw.

What changes did you make to the car before this started?
Mods?

Codes?

I don't know what unplugging the MAF is supposed to tell you?

Symptoms 1, 2, and 3 all sound like the dist. is 180 out.
Re-stab it, making sure you are on the compression stroke...

jason

I agree with above. But with codes i read i was right vac as now he tells everything is plugged. Code 81 is turbo if change to 72 its map cant find 90 but 91 is hego.a contaminated maf will also leed to crazy doings. Than how long has it been running hot?