Overheating Very Quickly

Yeah it could be clutch cable adjustment is needed. But first let me ask this question: Car started, clutch pressed, shifter in 1st, at what point does the clutch start to grab the flywheel and start moving the car? barely off the floor, halfway out, all the way out?

• Sponsors (?)

Is this the wrong cable? Everyone that I've seen has a threaded rod on this end not this non adjustable one: Photo Aug 24, 10 14 25 PM.jpg

Also the firewall adjustment cant go out far enough before touching the brake booster:
Photo Aug 24, 10 12 46 PM.jpg

I imagine a shorter cable/ adjustable end would help but at what point am I looking at a worn clutch instead of a cable?

That just plain looks like the cable is stretched so bad its time to replace... Now. I'm not going to recommend this but for a quick fix to get you around town for a bit you can mock up a nut and washers to take up the space your cable doesn't have left.

But. Your adjustment should only get the cable/pedal working in the proper location of pedal travel. So basically you want to adjust the travel of the pedal when the clutch engages the flywheel and the car moves. This is your preference where you like this to happen but if your pedal is somewhere between all the way down to the floor and all the way out and your car is hard to shift then your clutch is GONE. Time for replacement and this would also mean your cable may be fine. Put a new clutch on and the cable can be drawn back up.

If the clutch is bad, you will need to check the flywheel for purple colors, this mean flywheel is bad and also needs to be replaced. You could be looking at a new $150 clutch cable or up to $600 something for a new clutch and flywheel.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

That just plain looks like the cable is stretched so bad its time to replace... Now. I'm not going to recommend this but for a quick fix to get you around town for a bit you can mock up a nut and washers to take up the space your cable doesn't have left.

But. Your adjustment should only get the cable/pedal working in the proper location of pedal travel. So basically you want to adjust the travel of the pedal when the clutch engages the flywheel and the car moves. This is your preference where you like this to happen but if your pedal is somewhere between all the way down to the floor and all the way out and your car is hard to shift then your clutch is GONE. Time for replacement and this would also mean your cable may be fine. Put a new clutch on and the cable can be drawn back up.

If the clutch is bad, you will need to check the flywheel for purple colors, this mean flywheel is bad and also needs to be replaced. You could be looking at a new $150 clutch cable or up to $600 something for a new clutch and flywheel.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Bought a new adjustable Steeda cable. Hopefully that solves it. If not, gonna have to figure out how to jack this bitch up high enough to get that tranny out lol!

Reactions: 1 user