P.I. 3200 torque converter

lungbuster

Jun 19, 2011
I just bought a P.I. torque converter after debating some time between that and the tci but I took the extra 400 dollar hit and got the P.I. so I am getting ready to install it and was wondering if anybody has had any problems I should look out for? Or is it just plug and play any advice is welcome

• Sponsors (?)

Good choice, the PI doesn't use the second ring of the stock flex plate, it mounts to the main plate. Just make sure it's fully seated in the trans when you do the install. You will also need a good tune, from a tuner that knows these transmissions, to get the most out of it.

Earl

Thanks for the advice I will for sure get a tune I only live like 20 min away from brenspeed. I already have 410 gears and full exaust as well as detroit rocker cams cold air intake a 150 shot of nos and full suspension as well as a brenspeed dyno tune I am trying to get into the 11S and hoping this is the ticket. This is the first time I am doing any serious mod myself and am a bit nervous so thank you for your help

When you install the converter in the trans rotate it and you will feel it click and move rearward 3 times. If you don't get it fully locked in it will still bolt up but you will shortly destroy the pump in the trans. The converter will come with new converter bolts just use them instead of the stock ones. I would recommend getting a hardened input from TCI and install that at the same time. It is a piece of cake to do the shaft on the 5R55 it just slides out and the new one slides in. lol

Earl