Engine p1260/p0355/p0358/p0455 hope I did not missed everything. help plz

ked263

Oct 7, 2012
hi, as some might know, I have been working on my car to restore it for the last year.
finish the bodywork, and most of the engine, and now working on the suspensions

ANYWAY.
I bought a diablo to read my errors to fix my service engine light

and for some time I had the p1000 for not have a complete test. but I was working on the car and driving the same time. " my only car "

anyway, I was installing some gauges into the car, one them was a digital tach , and I hocked it to 2 wires behind the cluster, non of them worked, " then knew I will need a tach adapter. " and I tried was about to hook it to the NEGATIVE wire of the coil " did not do this yet "

BUT what I did was taking off the 2 coils, "being an idiot" I forget the switch of the car...
nothing BIG happened back then,...

anyway, after I finish the test these codes came,..
p1260/p0355/p0358/p0455

to help you read ...
RED: The Error
BLUE: When did it start
ORANGE: Question

p1260: Theft Detected - Vehicle Immobilized , " since I bought the car, the theft light blinks every now and then. but it's working just find ."

anyway to fix this ?

p0355 : coil E
p0358 : coil H
these two I think they came because I took them out while the engine is running, and put them back.

now, the coils I took " if you are facing the car, the right ones, the first and the last one "

now I again rested the codes, will they go , or did I missed up something that will need fixing ?

p0455 :Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (no purge flow or large leak)

well this one I don't even know where to start looking for, anyideas ?

Thanks in advance :D

• Sponsors (?)

The coil or misfire codes, p0355 and p0358 will be because they were not hooked up and the car detected a misfire/no fire.

The p0455 evap leak is that there is a massive leak somewhere between the vent on your fuel tank to the vapor canister including the valve could be stuck open or shut, or a hose is cracked which happens eventually to the OEM hoses.