paging Bill-it

• Sponsors (?)

ASD said:
You should be careful of how you represent your shop Focus boy.

Did you guys even try to figure out why his car would fall on it's face or did you just say let's install a return system since that fixes everything and cost a lot more money.

Let me give you some hints, know it all.
2x focus pumps at 40psi and 12.6v will flow 434LPH, dual stock cobra pumps flow 334LPH at same pressure and voltage. The GT pumps flow 871LPH at the same pressure and voltage.

Read the first thread and then go to post #21. Many more if you would like….
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/could-i-hit-800-rwhp-dyno-inside-50510.html

You know your NEVER gonna live it down when I do make a good number without a return system and you charged your customer up the A$$. :nice:
Hows that for poking!:D

I bet his fuel system cost a lot less than blowing up a motor! :D

almostblown said:
"Believe nothing that you hear or read, and only half od what you see."

Ever hear that one before?

So I guess we can't believe what Billdoe's car put down either?:( I guess Chung was only half shifting.:D All jokes aside, congrats to both shops on having a pair of bitchin' cobras.

All poking aside for now. Let's just get some facts from the man who made the blowers (Bell himself). Quotes taken directly from KB's website.

*"Evan Smith, Tech Editor of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords drove Richard Juliano's Kenne Bell Supercharged 665HP Cobra with 18 psi and 94 octane pump gas to a 10.71/133 on street drag radials and stock suspension." (That mph sounds more like it)

*"Dyno tests with a 2.2L and 3" pulley vs. a 2.4L and 3-1/2" pulley, both at 24 psi, indicated no advantage in power for the 2.4L." (I do believe ASD's car is less than 24psi)

*"That car was completely stock except for a Kenne Bell
supercharger at 20 psi, Cool Air Kit, Boost-A-Pump, Boost-A-Spark, and Switch Chip. It made all that power through
the stock exhaust, cats and manifolds (no headers), stock MAF, throttle body, pumps, injectors and fuel rails. We
decided to stop at 617 rwhp because the stock 40lb (rating at 39 delta psi) injectors were maxed out at 85 psi fuel
pressure and 600 rwhp.
Earl’s car ran in the 10's (10.47/133 corrected for altitude at LACR) the first time out with headers, cat back exhaust,
X-pipe, big oval throttle body, chip, Boost-A-Pump, Siemens “55#” injectors and 12" filter at 650hp. After the new
tune at Kenne Bell, it made 700 rwhp at 25 psi." (Again we see 130mph trap speeds. Also, we see 700rwhp with returnless fuel system.)

*"The stock Cobra and Lightning fuel lines and rails are adequate to 700HP, but there's a 7 psi pressure loss in the fuel line between
the tank and fuel rail so we'd recommend upgrading to a larger 3/8" or ½"line. This change reduces the loss to virtually 0 psi."

*"The stock lines will unquestionably support 700HP. The stock fuel rails are also OK. Only a 3 psi loss from front to rear.....Retain the stock Cobra pumps with the Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™. It's plenty of fuel for 750HP and 60lb
injectors. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."......At around 700HP, plan on installing another FPDM in parallel to handle the additional amp load of the pumps."

Articles:
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/Cobra_03_2400techtips.pdf
http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/Cobra_LightningTechTips.pdf

Here's another article that is an interesting read. http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0605_hellion_turbo_install/

They use a new fuel feed line, but the system remains returnless. I am not saying that returnless is better, but I figure if everyone else is getting away with it there shouldn't be a problem. As I've found talking with tuners across the country the returnless style fuel system takes some playing with to get working perfect, but isn't that what staying on the cutting edge is all about?

Here concludes my book for tonight. :)

gospeedgo said:
whoa, guess I hit a nerve:p

See ya at the show:nice:
you ARE gonna bring the car, right? We'll sit ya right next to Bill-it

if not, at least bring the kids car so I have some 4cyl competition

I don't think your 4cyl would be much competition for it but it would be fun to watch you try and keep up to it thru the twisties.:rlaugh:

Having known bill for 10 years now I know he will never stop modding. Hence with bill it never hurts to go overkill. Next to Jon bill has changed combos more than anyone I know so it never hurts to have room to grow. I am sure 700 hp with the returnless system is possible but we went with what we know works well. Now in 2 years when he decides he wants 900 hp to the wheels we are ahead of the game. Point being he will never stop. Just like everyone else. I have never met someone who said " I have too much hp please slow my car down ".

AllFordPerf said:
Having known bill for 10 years now I know he will never stop modding. Hence with bill it never hurts to go overkill. Next to Jon bill has changed combos more than anyone I know so it never hurts to have room to grow. I am sure 700 hp with the returnless system is possible but we went with what we know works well. Now in 2 years when he decides he wants 900 hp to the wheels we are ahead of the game. Point being he will never stop. Just like everyone else. I have never met someone who said " I have too much hp please slow my car down ".

What, are you saying I change combos too much? :D
That's my new goal....to keep one combination for more than 4 months.

AllFordPerf said:

Good point but in 2 years he will have a new project. I better get to work on my next project before he beats me to it. :D