PAINT PROBLEMS THAT FORD KNOWS ABOUT

HAVE YOU HAD TROUBLE WITH THE PAINT ON YOUR 05-09 MUSTANG?

• YES ON HOOD

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • YES FIXED BY FORD

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • DID NOT KNOW OF PROBLEM

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum too. I just signed up for stangnet this evening. I was searching for an answer to the paint peeling off my 02 mustang. In 1995 I purchased a 1984 mustang and the paint was pealing in a few places, and I though nothing of it because I only paid 2000.00 for it. Two months later my sister purchased the same model and the paint on hers was flaking considerably more and she only paid 1000.00 for it. She was filling up her gas tank one evening and a gentlemen approached her and told her he worked for a ford dealership, and would like to inform her that there was a paint recall and she should go to a dealership to inquire about it. She gave me the information, and I went to the nearest Ford dealer, and the confirmed that there was a recall, and then scheduled a time to repaint the entire car for free, with the exception if I wanted a clear coat, then I would have to pa $50.00. Two weeks later, I had a brand new paint job on a ten year old car. My sister's car was repainted right after mine.

I was the 4th owner of the car, and my sister was the third owner of hers. I couldn't believe that we were so lucky becuase I to wondered how they could do that after ten years 0f weather beating the crap out of the paint. The paint that was on my car looked good, but where it was flaking off went clear to the primer. The paint on my sisters car was faded and oxidized, but where the paint was pealing on hers it went clear to the primer. We were told that the paint had a problem adhering to the primer and that was the reason for the recall.

I just purchased my 02 Mustang, and noticed a few spots on the hood and the rear bumper, which looked like it flaked clear to the primer. The previous owner told me that there was a recall on the paint and for me too look it up online. That is how I came across this site. I wanted to let everyone know about my previous experience and to state that a precedent has already been set for this type issue, and I think some pressure should be put on ford to recall, and repaint a whole lot of Mustangs, that is if they haven't already called a recall. I have not been able to find it if they have. I will call a dealership tomorrow if I do not find documentation tonight

• Sponsors (?)

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum too. I just signed up for stangnet this evening. I was searching for an answer to the paint peeling off my 02 mustang. In 1995 I purchased a 1984 mustang and the paint was pealing in a few places, and I though nothing of it because I only paid 2000.00 for it. Two months later my sister purchased the same model and the paint on hers was flaking considerably more and she only paid 1000.00 for it. She was filling up her gas tank one evening and a gentlemen approached her and told her he worked for a ford dealership, and would like to inform her that there was a paint recall and she should go to a dealership to inquire about it. She gave me the information, and I went to the nearest Ford dealer, and the confirmed that there was a recall, and then scheduled a time to repaint the entire car for free, with the exception if I wanted a clear coat, then I would have to pa $50.00. Two weeks later, I had a brand new paint job on a ten year old car. My sister's car was repainted right after mine.

I was the 4th owner of the car, and my sister was the third owner of hers. I couldn't believe that we were so lucky becuase I to wondered how they could do that after ten years 0f weather beating the crap out of the paint. The paint that was on my car looked good, but where it was flaking off went clear to the primer. The paint on my sisters car was faded and oxidized, but where the paint was pealing on hers it went clear to the primer. We were told that the paint had a problem adhering to the primer and that was the reason for the recall.

I just purchased my 02 Mustang, and noticed a few spots on the hood and the rear bumper, which looked like it flaked clear to the primer. The previous owner told me that there was a recall on the paint and for me too look it up online. That is how I came across this site. I wanted to let everyone know about my previous experience and to state that a precedent has already been set for this type issue, and I think some pressure should be put on ford to recall, and repaint a whole lot of Mustangs, that is if they haven't already called a recall. I have not been able to find it if they have. I will call a dealership tomorrow if I do not find documentation tonight
What you are talking about is not a recall. A recall is for a safety issue. Paint is usually not unsafe. It is a service bulletin and the correct title eludes me right now but it is like an extension to the warranty to keep their customers happy. Good luck, I hope you are able to have the problem corrected. That would be awesome.

Thanks for the correction, but it is the terms that were used when I was informed of the opportunity to get the free paint Job in 1995 and I think Ford should voluntarily stand up and correct their defective painting process, materials or whatever is causing the problem or they should be forced too