Painted interior

ShreddinPB said:
Yeah, the red is a little much for me.. but I have never been a fan of the color red.. to each their own ya know?

that gun metal grey is bad ass tho.. I am now thinking about not doing mine blue and doing it that color! ;)

OR maybe I'll do all the plastic pieces in the dark gun metal grey.. and do all the other stuff in my interior that is Beige.. dark blue..

3 tone.. would that be to much?

black/gunmetal grey/darkblue

• Sponsors (?)

1105 said:
RC, I didnt pay any attention to the date on the picture... You've had a few months to get a new CD player put in there.

View attachment 524964
Im so confused as to what to do with that thing.
I dont buy CD's. I have a lot of MP3's, so I could get a player that plays those, but what I REALLY what is satellite radio. I have NO idea what to do now. My 40th BDAY is in 2 months, and I may be able to get something then, but I just dont freaking know :shrug: Besides I dont want to change the radio, because then I'll want to mod the rest of the car too :rolleyes:
RC

donjohn said:
perfect solution-> get a sony xplod head unit that has satellite radio and then get a 10 disk mp3 player/changer

Sounds like a good solution to me, and the exact setup I have.

Need more details on this..they are "separate" components?

I really dont need a TEN disk changer. ONE is fine, especially if I can put 100 MP3's on it.

Also, I want a Sat. radio that I can take out and put in a home unit.
RC

94GTLaserRC said:
Need more details on this..they are "separate" components?

I really dont need a TEN disk changer. ONE is fine, especially if I can put 100 MP3's on it.

Also, I want a Sat. radio that I can take out and put in a home unit.
RC

I have the Pioneer DEH-P5500MP in my explorer. Love the MP3 player! Paid around $230 for it, but it was worth it. As for XM, you would probably be better off with one of those Delphi units. Should be around $150-$160 with the XM antenna. They plug in the cig lighter and you just tune your radio what frequency the Delphi is set at. This actually doesn't sound too bad either.

Kenwood KDC-MPV5025 CD/MP3/WMA ($250) Receiver takes the sirius plug 'n play ($99) unit that you can take inside and so that's the head unit that you could play your mp3's on. I think it's one of the cheapest. I haven't done much research but it looks like the home unit is quite a bit of money though.

I'm not sure the total of my stuff- i think the xm satellite ready sony head unit was about $200? and then the 10 disk mp3 player was about $250? But even though the head unit doesn't read mp3s itself the changer works fine with it. (All gifts for graduation thats why ???)

EDIT: I just checked on this sirius boombox for your house. It's $100 so it looks like everything would be aroun $450 and that's not including the service itself you pay for monthly- I can live with commercials...

I don't have any good pics, but I used the purple/green chrome illusion stuff from Wal-Mart on mine.
radio.jpg

A little :OT: but heres the rest of my stereo
amp.jpg

subs.jpg

I always wanted to darken my interior. I want to turn the grey into something really close to black.

So go from this
Interior2.jpg

To this
Interior2-(dark).jpg

It just looks so much sportier and exotic with a dark interior I think. I just haven't figured out the best way of doing it :scratch:

1105 said:
There is a company who sells interrior dye that would get you the color you want. Dont know who makes it or how hard it is to do but its out there somewhere.

You can get interior paint from 50resto.com. I need to get some for my airbag covers, just havn't got around to it.

Hey you guys talking about using the vinyl dye.. check the link I posted on page 1.. its a link to a thread I made on here about this exact thing.. 2 guys said they used it and it worked great.

The link is below in the quote ;)

ShreddinPB said:
I am gonna paint my interior.. I have a black on black convertible mustang with the black/beige interior. I am going to change my carpet to a navy blue and paint my interior pieces to match the navy with some vinyl paint.

Here is a link to the thread I made about it :)