Painted My Door Sill Letters Today

• Sponsors (?)

I posted a few close up shots so click on the link above to see them.As far as the touch up paint goes,I guess I would rather pay 20 bucks then have to deal with the dealership anymore since they annoyed me so bad during the process of ordering/buying my car.I do have to go see them probably next week though because I think I might need to have my gas tank replaced--it only took a half a tank last week.Grrrr! I am hoping to drop it off at the dealer the day we leave to go on vacation(8/1) and they can fix the gas tank and then Auto Trim Design can come pick the car up,put my stripes on,drop it back at the dealer and they can keep it locked up until I get back.

Just wondered. I thought maybe Ford was behind on touch-up paint. You must be upset with your dealer to pay that. My dealer usually gives me a bottle and I've gotten one free from Ford in the mail for the last couple of vehicles I have purchased.
You can always go to another dealer or order on-line from Ford.

Is it not funny how dealerships/service departments, and I use the word service lightly, can do that to perfectly nice people.

I am lucky to have several dealerships within 10 miles here in CT. I will not go back to 2 of them and the 3rd is borderline.

A friend at work asked me what I am going to do when I run out of dealers. Response - Stop buying Fords.

I'd recommend Don Franklin Ford in Columbia, Ky to anyone. I have tried to trade at other dealers. One even told me I would never get one vehicle I wanted at the price Don Franklin Ford quoted me. I had to wait for it to be built (a 2001 Sport Trac in early 2001) but I got it for the price I was quoted. I don't even look elsewhere now. The parts guy also sells me whatever I want at a little over cost. The dealership also sold me a 2005 Mustang on x-plan. In 2004 I bought a 2003 Mach 1 for what amounted to A plan price.
There are good dealers out there.

Did mine too...heres a pic...I used brake cleaner of all things to catch the drips...worked great after the paint had dried. I will say the darker color doesn't look so hot right up close but hey I dont have my head down there too often...you be there judge...

PICT0278.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0278.jpg
    PICT0278.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 63
i went to a auto paint shop and just bought a pint of paint and 2 bottles it was around 25 bucks. i did the vynil but i thing i may switch over if the wear out. looks great jenn good job! :nice:

knsbball and afixer--your cars look REALLY nice! Good Job!!

Also,knsbball,my letters dont look perfect up close either but like you said I figure that no one is going to kneel down and look that close at them anyways so I'm not worried about it.

afixer-I planned on painting my lines on the side also but I did one and didnt like it so I took it off.Yours looks nice though,maybe I'll have to reconsider.