Painting Tailights

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
I pulled my Rear bumper and tailights off the car today, one of the lenses got shattered in the wreck and i decided to replace them both. I pulled the lenses off of the housings and cleaned the housings up real good, but the inside reflector portion is pretty dull. Anyone ever painted the insides of these to make it more reflective? I imagine i could just use Silver or chrome plastic paint, but i dont know if it will peel off and make it worse. What do you guys think? it is a good idea, or should i just leave it alone?

Dr.

• Sponsors (?)

Dr_EluSivE said:
I pulled my Rear bumper and tailights off the car today, one of the lenses got shattered in the wreck and i decided to replace them both. I pulled the lenses off of the housings and cleaned the housings up real good, but the inside reflector portion is pretty dull. Anyone ever painted the insides of these to make it more reflective? I imagine i could just use Silver or chrome plastic paint, but i dont know if it will peel off and make it worse. What do you guys think? it is a good idea, or should i just leave it alone?

Dr.

I did the same thing, and ended up heading to the junk yard to buy some newer, well better ones.