Part 2 of my build

I'd buy a $200 intercooler piping kit off of fleabay and use that giant hole you just blasted through that beautifully smoothed fender. No sense leaving it there now that it's drilled right? Clock the turbine housing 90* and just pipe it up that way. Just my $.02

• Sponsors (?)

My point is the fact the instructions say that they rerouted the pipe to go threw the inner fender.But yet the pipe configuration is ment to run down like i have it plumbed now.I imformed them of this today.Yes my coupler dosent fit the TB because i have a 90mm TB (which is 4") and the coupling is 3". I suggested to them today to offer or ask in the future what size TB opening is.peace

john:p

if you have just needed to swap some bolts, and get a coupler essentially it seems great for the price. compare it to other kits, i know i only considered turbo cause of their affordability.

the hole in the fender, how come you cut it before final mock up? i've never installed a turbo before, so :shrug:

The turbo sits so close to the panel i kinda had to.Plus i was at the point to cut the hole to put the intercooler pipe threw.It is a good price i think just unclear directions,and stuff not fitting right.Could be a new kit for the 351's?IDK but the only real diffrence should only be a little bit longer headers and cross over.peace

So, you have 90 deg. boots on your ford racing wires? Have you put any of them on to see how they fit with the turbo headers?

I need to buy a set of plug wires, but I don't want to get something that won't fit well. B&G has a horrible issue with burning up plug wires, but I haven't heard anything about fitment with the on3 setup.

So, you have 90 deg. boots on your ford racing wires? Have you put any of them on to see how they fit with the turbo headers?

I need to buy a set of plug wires, but I don't want to get something that won't fit well. B&G has a horrible issue with burning up plug wires, but I haven't heard anything about fitment with the on3 setup.

I burned up 3 sets of wires on the red/black car until I got hooked with Livewires. Running Livewires on both cars with their boots with great sucess.

I installed the big time turbo system on my buddies notch and he did some 90* MSD wires.He used the socks as well like i have.So hopefully mine will fit?But to answer your question no i havent tried my wires yet.peace

The turbo sits so close to the panel i kinda had to.Plus i was at the point to cut the hole to put the intercooler pipe threw.It is a good price i think just unclear directions,and stuff not fitting right.Could be a new kit for the 351's?IDK but the only real diffrence should only be a little bit longer headers and cross over.peace

Weird repling to your own post.But anyways the reason i also cut the hole first is because also in the directions they state that you should start at the turbo and work your way to the intercooler.peace

Well all the further i got lastnight was yet another phone call to them.I counter sunk holes deeper at work.Brought it home and painted it,took it out to bolt the alt on and wouldnt ya know!The bracket is the same exact one i took off!:bs::nono::eek::nonono::mad: The bracket thats in the kit is suppose to move the alt closer to the motor so it will clear the turbo.Tonight i'll update with the problem pictures i have been having,photobuckets site is down for some reason.peace

NO! i'm not having any good luck!Chad the so called owner called me tonight and said well if your instructions said for 5.0 that he would of called instantly instead of starting the install.But yet he said the only diffrence in the 5.8 and 5.0 kits are the down pipes and of course the headers and cross over pipe.He did offer to send me a smaller down pipe and i could send mine back,or he said to send the kit back and i assume he would refund my money?As far as the alt braket he said they have never used the 5.8 kit with a 76mm turbo just 70mm turbo's.BUT suposidly a guy in NC has a 5.8 runnin a 80 mm turbo with the exact same bracket i have and he has no issues.So well if anyone plans to buy a 5.8 turbo kit from on3 learn from me and MAKE SURE every fitment issue is worked out!It was kinda fun though.I asked for them to send me the 5.8 kit instructions and he said there is no sence cause the only diffrence is as i mentioned above,and since i was past thatpoint it wouldnt do any good. All i wanted to do is compare the 2,cause i can almost bet they are the same identical directions!1991notchbackLX thanks for the offer but a stock set up wont work,thats why they send this braket with the kit.Here are some pics of all the issues i have had and what i did to fix them.All in all this is a BIG :bs: kit!I'll never buy of suggest them to anyone ever!So now once i basically work all this crap out i'll post pics as i go and post my power results.peace

DSCN0549.jpg

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0547.jpg

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0538.jpg

DSCN0540.jpg

Yeah! It's about time you went turbo. Hey NOS boy, bet you $5 you put it in backwards... :) I sure hope you have a sponsor for rubber. I will start installing my FAST XFI next weekend. We should get them tuned the same day and hit the track. No mercy.

Gypsy hunter

HOLY CHIT :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: WHAT A ZINGER!!! Guess ya gotta be local to understand that one, but that was GOOD! :rlaugh: