part number location on 66 oem console?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't 100% about original colors or not. I don't think they were dyed but not 100% sure.

The parts numbers will be in various places on the console. Each individual piece will have a part number on it. Like the trim plate, shifter plate, console door etc.

yup ID on everything but the base, would the base have the ID under the long plate? ebay item sold as oem just trying to check it out to see if its true. didnt want to break any hold down pins on the long plate to check for sure. no ID to be seen anywhere else.

66forfun said:
where would it be located on the 66 stang plastic console base and would they be molded in the original colors or dyed?
thanks.

Consoles were molded to color--I've had several and a few were broken and you could definitely see the color.

I don't remember seeing a # on the plastic body of the console. Maybe I'll go check one out later that I have bare and in storage.

thanks people.
just didnt want to be sold a bill of goods, paying top dollar for repop stuff. only bummer is it was tan painted black.
it is in fantastic shape, cant believe how the chrome has held up over all these years. It will make a sweet addition to my ride. cant wait for the install.