Engine Part On Intake Manifold

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by hawkfish78, Nov 2, 2013.

  1. What is the part that attaches to the circled area of the intake manifold. The radiator hose also attaches to this. Mine is cracked and I need to fix it, but can't find a name for the part. Thanks!

  2. The thermostat housing.
    hawkfish78 likes this.
  3. That's it. Thanks!
  4. Just wondering. You are aware that the T-stat housing is not a separately serviceable part of the intake manifold?

    The T-stat cover is serviceable as well as the T-stat itself. But the metal coolant crossover is part of the manifold on the 4.6 Mustang.

    Some other model years Ford trucks (for example the 2005 F-150) have a coolant crossover that is separate from the plastic manifold.