Parts came in the mail today.

1973mach1

May 19, 2003
PA
Received my Hedman headers 1-5/8 with 3in collectors, edelbrock timing set and Summit cam. Hopefully will start the install on the cam tommorow. You guys think I will notice much difference with these mods on a 351c 2bbl? Is there anything else I should change out while im doing a cam swap?

Thanks,
jim

• Sponsors (?)

Forgot to add im also putting in new lifters, push rods and rocker arms, have a Performer intake and 4bbl performer carb. As long as the bottom end of the engine holds out hopefully I can run this setup until I get some $$$ for a nice rebuild.

Did you get new valve springs?

Sounds like you'll be busy for awhile :)
Remember to be meticulous and keep everything clean while you work. If you run into to any problems, you know who to ask..... Good luck

If you chose your parts wisely and it is tuned correctly you will notice a big difference. What are the specs on the cam?

Thanks, cam specs are...

Specifications:
* Advertised duration: 262 intake/272 exhaust
* Duration at .050 in. cam lift: .204 intake/.214 exhaust
* Gross valve lift: .484 in. intake/.510 in. exhaust
* Lobe separation: 112 degrees
* RPM range: 1,500 to 4,000

I dind't get new valve spring's, I was hoping I could run this cam with the stock ones. I been thinking about pulling the heads and having them cleaned up, I was wondering if it would be easy to take the heads off and put the new headers on them before I reinstalled them? Or would the heads have to be mounted on the engine first?

Thanks,
Jim

that cam souds like a good choice. It *should* be ok with stock springs, you will want to check for coil bind though just to be safe. Valve float may be a problem at high rpm's, but you won't know till you try it.