Passenger foglight bracket removal on vert, Simple?

Eric94GTvert

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
PA, Nazareth
I never thought I would have trouble removing a foglight bracket but anyway here's the problem.
First of all, the drivers side all came off in less than 5 minutes but the passenger side is causing some problems. It seems there is something else I'm missing. I'm guessing it is because of the extra bracket material that the 25 lb convertible weight used to be bolted to.
I removed all visible nuts and bolts but the bracket is still hanging on there very tight. I put a pry bar in between the old 25 lb weight bracket and the foglight bracket and bent them apart slightly. This revealed a nut in between the two brackets but it is too tight to get tools in there.
Does anyone have the experience to deal with this or any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

yeah, the bolt goes through the bumper. it sucks for me because the guy before me installed a cobra bumper but left the 25 lb weight in, so he couldn't / didn't install the passenger's side foglight. :mad: that would have been the perfect time to take the bracket off. now the car won't pass inspection and i don't want to remove the bumper to install the other foglight, so i guess i'll remove the driver's side foglight.

:bang: