Passenger footwell water leak?

I was having battery issues with my 05 GT where something was causing the battery to drain overnight. I took it in to a dealership and they discovered the leak and said it ruined the fuse box, which was causing battery drainage. They quoted me almost $900 to patch the leak, replace the fuse box, and reprogram the car. Unfortunately for me, the factory warranty expired a year ago and the extended warranty doesn't cover any part of it.

• Sponsors (?)

I had this water problem start just recently. I took it to the dealership and they said that the cowling was going to have to be replaced (which is a pretty penny, I might add.) Well, before shelling that out, my husband took a look at it himself. He fixed it in about an hour.

There is a gromett in the base of the cowl that is supposed to allow water to drain out. It got clogged with debris - hence the pooling water that was coming in through the cabin air inlet. After that was cleaned, we haven't had a problem since.

I helped a friend today with this same problem on his 05 GT. Drain plugs were full of debris. We had a heavy rain yesterday and fill his passenger side floor with water. I bet a half gallon of water ran out once I cleared the debris.
:nice:
Thanks StangNet!!

-J

There is a Lawyer in California working on a Class Action suite in federal court who is looking for people who have had safety issues with this leak (i.e. Smart Junction Box Failures while driving, Car cutting out, Lights going wacky Ext.)

Ken Lipton
Law Offices of Kenneth M. Lipton
5900 Sepulveda Blvd, #400
Van Nuys, CA 91411-2511
1 (818) 780-3562

[email protected]

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

water leak in front foot well area 06 gt coupe

I just fixed a water leak that caused wet floor on both front sides of car. Wet carpets and smell.It also was leaking on a large electrical connector on passenger side.
The leak in my case was coming from a faulty seal around the door opening.I removed foot scuff plate and plastic covers in front of this to expose body and electrical which is behind a small removable door just ahead of passenger side door. Put garden hose on roof and water coming in badly down in the foot well when run over roof and passenger side window.
Now the fix. roll down passenger side window,open door,pull off rubber seal that runs around entire window on body of car but leave it hanging and attached at either end, remove 8 or so screws from the plastic molding that holds the rubber window seal,remove molding carefully by pulling lightly on it, inspect it and you may find that the 1 sided sticky seal that is stuck to this seal holder to seal this to the body is damaged. I couldn't believe what mine looked like and it was very obvious there was a problem with it.I'm not sure if it creeped over the years or if it is a build defect or over site The electrical connector also had been wet and is a tiny bit damaged but I will try to clean that up too.The electrical connecter opens easily and can be inspected. I bought some 1 inch by 3/16 truck cab weather stripping at home depot and replaced the damaged /worn out sticky tape on the window seal holder,reinstalled and did water test and all seems ok. Just have to let the carpets dry out. Repeat for drivers side too.

wet floor front wells

I just fixed a water leak that caused wet floor on both front sides of car. Wet carpets and smell.It also was leaking on a large electrical connector on passenger side.
The leak in my case was coming from a faulty seal around the door opening.I removed foot scuff plate and plastic covers in front of this to expose body and electrical which is behind a small removable door just ahead of passenger side door. Put garden hose on roof and water coming in badly down in the foot well when run over roof and passenger side window.
Now the fix. roll down passenger side window,open door,pull off rubber seal that runs around entire window on body of car but leave it hanging and attached at either end, remove 8 or so screws from the plastic molding that holds the rubber window seal,remove molding carefully by pulling lightly on it, inspect it and you may find that the 1 sided sticky seal that is stuck to this seal holder to seal this to the body is damaged. I couldn't believe what mine looked like and it was very obvious there was a problem with it.I'm not sure if it creeped over the years or if it is a build defect or over site The electrical connector also had been wet and is a tiny bit damaged but I will try to clean that up too.The electrical connecter opens easily and can be inspected. I bought some 1 inch by 3/16 truck cab weather stripping at home depot and replaced the damaged /worn out sticky tape on the window seal holder,reinstalled and did water test and all seems ok. Just have to let the carpets dry out. Repeat for drivers side too.