Passenger Side Window Switch

Chrisgp

Apr 12, 2005
I have a 96 Mustang GT. On the passenger's side door, the up button for the window stopped working. Down still works, and everything still works on the driver's side switches (for driver's and passenger's side windows.)

Any suggestions on what to check/try? I attempted to bypass the the switch on the passenger's side door by making the connection manually with a wire, but once again that only worked to get the window to come down.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 99GT, my Pass side goes up and down fine from my controls,
but the Pass can only go up with that switch, I have to put it down

I just seconds ago bought one

Items Ordered:
Item: WINDOW SWITCH, Mustang, Passenger
Price: $12.58
Tax: $0.00
Qty: 1
Total: $12.58

The link wont paste

Go here http://www.ford-parts.com/
Click on Parts
Use Box A "Mechanical Parts"
Fill in your Year and Make and Search
Then fill in your Model
Then Click Electrical
Then Search Window Switch

Ya I know it's a pita but the price is right :nice:

I posted in a thread like this because I am having the same issue ... I remember someone saying to check the wires where they go through the door because the constant opening and closing of the door will sometimes tear or damage the wires.

On my car (98 GT) the passenger window will roll up and down from the switch on the drivers side, but will not roll down from the passenger switch. It will roll up though ... weird.

Let us know if the switch fixes it. :)

Took about 1 minute to install the new Switch
WORKS PERFECT :nice:

Switch Panel pops off (no tools needed)
Remove Switch assy (by removing 2 philip screws)
Pull Old Switch out (no tools needed)
Pop New Switch in (no tools needed)
Re-Install the Switch Assy (2 screws)
Pop the Panel back on

Attachments

• CIMG3818.JPG
    CIMG3818.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 88
  • CIMG3820.JPG
    CIMG3820.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 93
My switch problems

Hey guys-

I've been having the same problem with my car. The window goes down, but not up. I'm getting juice (checked w/ tester) from all wires going to the switch when the switch is in the *down* postion on the passenger side, but when I put it in the *up* position I get nothing. I ordered a new switch and installed it and still have the same problem. I hooked up the battery directly to the motor to test, and it goes up and down. Since I'm getting power from all of the wires to the switch, should I assume that its possibly that plastic harness thing that the switch sits into?

I was going to trace the wire all the way through the car, but since I'm getting power too all of them, should I? I'd like to try the easier things first, if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like it is the plastic harness that the switch goes into. take a look at it a little closer and see if one of the wires wiggle more then the others. Could be that its on the verge being pulled out. I guess you could force it in again and put it back into place.

I dunno, just came up with that...