Passenger Window =(

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
My passenger window was working fine though today decided it didn't want to work all that well anymore:notnice: When I was rolling it down, it only make it about 1/4 of the way down and stopped. I figured it wasn't going to be too big of a deal so I began to remove the door panel.

Once I finally got the door panel and white plastic sheeting off, I noticed that I have a bit of a problem. I need either a picture of one installed correctly or a guide that can give me some help as I am a bit confused here. There is a "rod" that connects from the track to the bottom right of the door (where the latch and such is) and it's disconnected.

Lately the door when locked would make a loud noise, and sometimes when attempted to be unlocked would only make it half-way and become jammed in a way, so I assume this had something to do with, though am unsure :shrug:

What all should I be looking for on this window problem? It can roll up without a problem though can only make it a small amount down, even if I attempt to guide it :( Does the rod that I am speaking of (definitely don't have a proper name for it) have something to do for it?

• Sponsors (?)

By the rod I think what you mean is the actuator. Take a pic and post it. Dont mess with it too much, it doesnt take much to break that window. If the actuators bent/damaged whatever, your probably going to be junkyardin it, as Ford sells the motor and actuator together I think.

I had a drivers window motor go out and replaced recently.

they are a pain to get set correctly. I spent two days trying to set mine after it fell off the racks. Does the motor sound like its going out?

On another thought, Just take the motor out and replace the window with fake glass. Your gonna need all the weight savings you can get........

Yeah I gave up on it for the day since I was getting frustrated and running out of daylight. I knew it'd be best to just leave the car alone before I ended up breaking something :rlaugh:

I'll mess with it some tomorrow and see what I come up with. With it being Christmas time, it isn't a good time to go spend money on such a small part though it will need to be fixed.