PCM Help! No OBD2 communication, cranks but no start.

Initially the car would run and then would stall after about a minute, (or as soon as the ac was turned on). OBD2 would give me Code 1233 (fuel pump dvr mod disabled/off line), and P1516 (intake manf runner ctrl input error (bank 1)).
Checked the connectors to the fuel pump control module, and it had no current coming into it.
Checked the CCRM and there is no current on pin #5 (power to fuel pump)
Then the fan started and would not shut off even after key was removed from ignition, had to remove fan fuse since it drained my battery.
After this, the OBD2 now says it cannot communicate.
There are no blown fuses. I don't know if the following has anything to do with it but fuse#2 Engine Controls, and fuse #6 Starter Motor Relay, and fuse #8 Engine Controls (all under dash) are not showing any current and are not blown, switched them out with new ones, still nothing.
I would highly appreciate any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Should I "assume" this is a 2001 Cobra? Or a V6 with an IMRC?

The fact that fuse F2.2 and F2.8 have no key on power is an important clue. This means that the CCRM is not "latching" up. What we don't know is why. Possible reasons include (but not limited to):
  • Blown PCM fuse.
  • No key on power at fuse F2.34
  • bad or weak CCRM ground
  • Bad CCRM.
  • Wiring fault.
Test for key on power at fuse F2.34. If no power then suspect a problem in the ignition switch.

It would also be handy to know if there's key on power at the engine COP red wires. Or CCRM pin #12 (RD).

1996+ Crank with no start check list

Here's some information on how to use the voltage drop method to test the grounds.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Note, the cooling fan running all the time is a possible symptom that the PCM is not powering up. So it's possible there's a basic power problem that is at the root of this problem.

Last edited: