Pcm Testing Bad Or Good? Diagnostic/tuner Tool?

DevilDogTaco

May 3, 2013
about a year ago my dad had cut an ignition interlock out of the ignition switch harness, and there the mustang sat until about a week ago when I decided to fix it. So i wired everything back together, and ended up having to replace the fuel pump, which is a common problem I see on the internet with this car when it sits for long periods of time....ODD.. gave the car a tuneup as well, plugs, air filter, fuel filter, oil, oil filter. And now after a week of trying to fix everything on the car I get these codes P1000 which my diagnostic tool doesnt finish doing all the tests, P0411, p0703 P1780. I'm assuming my dad may have caused something to short out the system. Wondering how do I test my PCM to see if its bad? the car starts and drives, but after driving about 5 minutes i notice my car starts to shake, believe to be from transmission or air flow problem. Wondering also if someone can recommend a good diagnostic tool or something that will let me access the PCM? I currently have the innovia 3100G that walmart sells, it works descent for 100$ but i want to be able to see more and maybe adjust my computer settings? Im also unable to ask my dad anything since he passed away 3 months ago.

• Sponsors (?)

oh this is a 2000 base model v6, with no modifications. AND i did take apart the box that has the fuel pump and PCM relays in it, i forget what its called CCRM i believe (its been a long week) and there was no obvious damage to the circuit boards