PCV delete causing smoke and white cream on oil filler cap

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
Hi everyone,

After experiencing oil accumulation issues inside my boost pipe / discharge tube, I decided to give the PCV delete trick a try. I therefore connected both valve cover tubes to a catch can that I wanted to vent. After a test drive, I noticed that the car sometimes skipped under hard acceleration so I went back home. Note that the A/F was still perfect during the tests.

Back home, I noticed a lot of white cream on the oil filler cap, PCV valve, inside the catch can; on every possible part leading to oil vapour. There was also some clear liquid inside my catch can looking like FUEL.

I first checked if there were bubbles inside the coolant tank, nothing. Everything was perfect.

I then removed the oil filler cap and started the car. There was a very noticeable amount of white smoke coming out.

I decided to drain my oil to do a diagnostic. It was perfect black, not a single trace of contamination. The only noticeable weird fact was a fuel smell.
I then started the car with the oil filler cap off and noticed the same thing; white smoke and cream accumulation.

I decided to install back the PCV kit as OEM and this resolved ALL my problems: no smoke out of oil filler cap, no white residue, no skipping problem. There’s no abnormal smoke coming out of the tail pipes.

Here’s some info about the car and temperature...
- GT 2001 with 45 000 miles
- Stock unopened engine
- Vortech V2 @ 9.5 PSI
- Temperature: 5 degrees Celcius and very humid

Any idea?

• Sponsors (?)

condensation. it causes the milky oh crap my head gaskets blown! looking substance under the cap. No big deal. if you've ever noticed, once you drive the living crap out of the car at high speeds for a few minutes it goes away. This is common on cars with out PCV valves (for ex. VWs do this all the time if the driver keeps making short trips, low engine speeds, etc.) you could keep your PCV on...

All 4.6L and 5.4L Ford Motors have the milky residu in the oil filler tube. My BRAND NEW at the time 2004 F150 5.4L with 3,500 miles had a ton of it built up in the tube. Noticed it when I did the first oil change.