PCV to TB hose collapsed, why?

evolucion311

Mar 19, 2009
Hi all,

My 2002 GT vert has a collapsed hose going from the PCV valve to the Throttle Body by the EGR valve.

hosep.jpg

This little adventure started a few summers ago when I was throwing lean codes because the original hose was cracked wide open.

I found a replacement and swapped it out. The hose has been collapsing completely while the engine is running since the day I put it on.

I have replaced the PCV valve in question.

I have tried EVERYTHING except for solid copper or PVC pipe, everything from fuel hose, radiator & heater hose, vacuum hose, everything.

WHY would this hose be collapsing?

It may not relate to this, or it may, but I also experience a high idle that is intermittent. Sometimes its high, others its not. The idle will hang around 1000-1200 rpms. When the idle is high the engine is very slow to come down in speed (RPMs) after I let my food off of the gas.

Any ideas?

I've also replaced my front upstream O2 sensors if its any help.

• Sponsors (?)

i had the same thing happen with my o2 gt. everything would collaps, and ever dealer would say its back order and theres nothing anyone can do??? so one day i was on latemodlerestoratiansuppy and found a pastic factory rapasment for like 30 dallors. as for the ide just clean ur iac

Purchase 4 inches of copper tubing cut into a 2 1/2" and a 1 1/2" length/ Using a bit of grease and the longer piece, shove the1 1/2" section into the middle of the hose.