"peel And Sealed" The Trunk Today

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
I tried the ole using roof flashing trick for sound deadening and insulation. It seemed a little quieter sitting in it at idle, placebo maybe I dunno. I haven't had it on the road yet to see if I can tell any difference. It went on easy enough though. If it seems to make a difference I'll probably to the floor while I'm replacing the carpet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I'm planning on doing this next season as well. I have read it doesn't work as well as a true sound deadening material, but it does work enough to make a noticeable difference. Did you read the big thread about it on the other forum?

I'm planning on doing this next season as well. I have read it doesn't work as well as a true sound deadening material, but it does work enough to make a noticeable difference. Did you read the big thread about it on the other forum?
I did not. But for like $20 or so a roll (I think thats about what it was) I think it's "good enough" vs whatever dynamat is running these days. It took 2 rolls to do the trunk.
*Disclaimer* I have no experience w/Dynamat or a rival brand but the product I used seems sufficent enough for a weekend play toy driven on the street. I'm thinking when I do the floor pans it'll help a lot. I'm not expecting BMW silence but I bet it'd be a decent "bang for buck" product.

A friend of mine did his entire car with it. By the time he was done, he was only a few dollars away from buying some of the off brand sound deadener. It did make a considerable diffefence for him though.

Joe