Pete Jackson Gear Drives

• Sponsors (?)

I've only seen one installed on a small block chevy. The advantages include increased life, and your cam's timing won't be thrown off over time due to the timing chain stretching.

Disadvantages: LOUD. Even the "quiet" models are far louder than a chain. (Although I personally like that blower whine sound :D )

Some of the gear sets require machining to get them installed properly with the right amount of clearance.

The belt drives are very quite and almost infinitely adjustable; depending which make and model you get. Personally I'd go with a gear drive over a belt, simply for the reason that once it's installed you won't have to touch it again, and I have no need to degree my camshaft withink +/- .5 degrees.

i use the Pete Jackson Noisey gear drive on my ride, only the best! The tensile strength is 190,000lbs...prettty much unbreakable. LOUD..YES, very accurate, adjustable, easier to adjust then a chain. I recommend it, it will be the last one you EVER buy. good luck

The Guy's above nailed it pretty good.
Great Piece For Sure........ LOUD!!!!!!!!! Alot of people love the "blower" sound for a while and soon enough get sick of it..... other's can stand it for a long time. Overall if you can live with the loud blower whine all the time (Which Sound's Great) get one!

7.5LITERFOX said:
how high do you consider high rpm to do damage?
For a daily driver that for the most part stays below 4000 should be fine. For something like a drag car or road racer that stays in the upper RPM band, damage can occur very quickly, that's why most of the higher end engine builders use a belt drive. They also like it for it's adjustablity and easy to change when needed.

just out of curiousity would it send false knock to your computer and make it pull timing from the motor on the newer mustangs say 93-up, or do they not have a knock sensor? just wondering i was going to get one and the guy at summit racing said it would give me false knock is this true?

:shrug:

Usually the high rpms are 7-8000 (but dont take my word for it, ask first someone for a second opinion) I had them on my 68 camaro that ran a 11.5 1/4 mile with a stroked 383 in it. Had no problems what so ever. That whine everyone is talking about, sounds great when you are coming down the road. after a month or so of it i didnt even notice it. But, then again with a 383 stroker w/ the exhuast dumped you dont hear much anyways LOL. But seriously I didnt notice it at all and when I pulled up to lights or sonic (drive in food in some states) i got A LOT of looks and every liked. Converted a couple of guys too. I also never heard of a 5.0 having knock sensors. I think the 4.6 is when they started that. but, again, ask around, call ford, they might be snotty b/c they think they know it all but they do know most of it., ( i know some have run into guys who didnt know anything but I have had good things come from them) sri soo long hope this helps.