Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

• Sponsors (?)

Strange,I didn't have to cut any spacers?
The guy on U Tube had too and I have an extra bolt did you. All and all I like that bar tensioner. Pain in the ass though compared to a tensioner when you need to take the belt off which happens all the time when you are one of us. My car is running great and you know I love that. BUT when will it break again. OH about every seventy miles

Reactions: 1 user
Glad you got it figured out. I got mine from On3 and it had instructions. I ended up tapping my alternator for a bigger bolt that fit the eye of the heims joint. Spaced the lower eye out a little more to get more clearance at the AC bracket. The one you got is the most similar to the one I have. Works great but takes a little customization. There was a bolt left over on mine too.

The guy on U Tube had too and I have an extra bolt did you. All and all I like that bar tensioner. Pain in the ass though compared to a tensioner when you need to take the belt off which happens all the time when you are one of us. My car is running great and you know I love that. BUT when will it break again. OH about every seventy miles
Hmm,I already had the kit on my car,and the On3 kit came with one. Now I'm curious if the spacers are the same.

Just went to start the fox and I hear the sound of two clinking metal rods clinking together. Its my Cardone power steering pump thats three years old. I call Advanced Auto and if its covered under warranty. Says lifetime on the computer. He says bring it in and we will replace it. Luckily I order all parts online and have pages of parts listed. Taking it off and bringing it in.

Never thought I would use the Three Jaw Puller more than one time. I thought there was a bolt on this pump , but the pulley pulls off.

Attachments

• KIMG0578.JPG
    KIMG0578.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 146
  • KIMG0580.JPG
    KIMG0580.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 136
Now for the fun part. Lets see whats in the power steering filter. I got this because there is no guarantee on my rack without it. The washer-magnet had a layer of very fine dirt. Look at the screen . Good or bad who knows but I like this filter. Now to go get my new pump under warranty....I hope. I have taken this car apart so many times I had it out in an hour. A lot of crap has to come off to get it out

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    340 KB · Views: 132
  • KIMG0582.JPG
    KIMG0582.JPG
    451.3 KB · Views: 120
  • KIMG0587.JPG
    KIMG0587.JPG
    500.2 KB · Views: 145
  • KIMG0585.JPG
    KIMG0585.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 159
  • KIMG0584.JPG
    KIMG0584.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 144
For anybody that is going to get one of these brackets . I had it on poorly before and this gave me a chance to grind the accessory bracket down so the pivot end would fit it right. I had it jammed in before. This is really cool now. Plus I found lots of my bolts were not tight enough. On my way to driving again. Hope it was the pump. Why is the pulley need to be pressed on. Mine is all messed up from being in the vice so many times.

Attachments

• KIMG0588.JPG
    KIMG0588.JPG
    456.3 KB · Views: 134