Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

• Sponsors (?)

I'm getting new rims because I am not a fan of these...Getting Cobra replicas, but can't decide between chrome or black with machined edge. What would you guys choose with a red car. Also what is the size in the back for staggered. I want that reveal that looks so good. Put your two cents in. Especially about the chrome if you have them

Nice, I'm a chrome guy. I am afraid I would get sick of chrome, and I don't want any pitting. I want that cool look that some have where the back is wider, and it shows a deep dish machined circle in the back. Do I have to get a ten inch rim for that?? That's really wide.

Nice, I'm a chrome guy. I am afraid I would get sick of chrome, and I don't want any pitting. I want that cool look that some have where the back is wider, and it shows a deep dish machined circle in the back. Do I have to get a ten inch rim for that?? That's really wide.
8D1F883D-C06C-41AC-8764-0F614343426F.jpeg 4350D0B5-9615-436E-B389-BFFE257962AE.jpeg 386146DF-0BEA-4C64-BF50-A6308C4BF84C.jpeg
All of these are 10inch wheels over the years on my car where the lips vary, they fit fine . Given you car sits pretty high in my opinion . All you need is the quad shock removed . 275/40/17 tire and you’ll have no issue.

Reactions: 1 user
6A98DECD-0F86-4666-A26C-99FA11504BD3.jpeg

My chrome 17x10 Cobra reps. on 255/40 squared setup but I want to stagger the rear just a little bit to reduce the terrible tramlining on this car.
Edit: forgot to say no quad shocks here, either.
076975D0-1D27-4105-B9FA-BF1C3239F735.jpeg

Last edited:
Just the guys I was hoping to hear from. The thing I am shooting for is that two inch machined look in the rear. I got some extra money, and need new tires so why not get new rims. I am really having a hard time making up my mind with the chrome. Red Foxes look good with chrome, and why not replicate the Egokilla.

Reactions: 1 users
I went to the bank today after going to gas up the Mustang. All the handles were covered as in no gas. I told the teller that 7-11 had no gas. She said when she got to work this morning that there were broken down cars all around the bank. Several cars had broken down with bad gas. They must have been pumping pure water to have them not even make it out of the parking lot. How will they handle that in this day, and age.

• Wow
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
I just bought a 99 Jeep TJ. Can't do pictures right now, but I am stripping the hood down. Going to get a cheap paint job. I have to dismantle it, and prep for paint. U Tube videos are helpful, and I have a question on primer. Is there a better brand that will give me the best results in a spray can.

What do you guys use for ceramic coating. I am using Turtle Wax Hybrid. This is considered the second best on the market, and my question is. Do you think it is as good as claimed that it basically stops UV light from fading paint. Especially plastic black trim`. It's hard to believe a Turtle Wax product could be rated high, but they are selling tons of it for twenty bucks a bottle

I have never used ceramic coating and have always used wax. I think Ceramic coating is overhyped. Adding a good layer of wax every 6months will protect your clear goat. But then again, I'm not parking my car under trees and if there is bird :poo: on my car, I take care of it right away.

Just my two cents on this.

Here is my take on color coat/clear coat factory paint.
The dump truck was built in 1997 and is red and until this last year and a half was like new with frequent washing with car wash, I used dish soap a couple times a year then applied wax, I've used Turtle Wax (paste), and the last few years Maguires, (again paste) the clear on the roof went away a few years ago because (I believe) I just didn't do it as diligent as the rest, now the bed was a different story, it was not factory and was re painted in 2006-7 when I rebuilt the boom pads and the diamond plate.
I believe if properly cared for color/clear coat paint should last if properly cared for without whatever ceramic coating is.
I must add that the truck was rarely garaged and often parked under trees. Just not pine trees. I hate pine sap as much as I hate Fed(up)-Ex.

If you find someone who uses the right product and knows what they are doing it is amazing. Not cheap but amazing. Not all products are the same. From my experience ceramicpro is tops. I have someone in the family that does this. He had to get certified and maintain the certification in order to use their products. A lifetime guarantee isn't something ever shop is going to offer you with their ceramic coating but that is what I have on the buick. No more waxing, just hose it off and shammy it dry and she's good. Best thing I've ever done to the buick but if the paint was beat like the foxes are then I wouldn't waste the money.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1638853288973.jpg
    FB_IMG_1638853288973.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 46
Florida sun is brutal, and if you leave a vehicle out all summer the rubber can go bad in a year. My daughter has a two year old Civic, and the mirrors and door handle have paint that is Completely peeling off. My wife is dealing with Honda Corp, and they are paying 850 to have them repainted.