PI intake swap question ( again )

• Sponsors (?)

It shouldn't hurt anything, but it could puddle in places, but otherwise it would be fine...

The Simple Green Degreaser can be found in the auto and laundry sections from what I have seen.

look like you have exper about this simple green, can you show me how to use it, I bought a big jug from auto zone, do i have to mix it with water ? show me how to clean my intake please, thanks

look like you have exper about this simple green, can you show me how to use it, I bought a big jug from auto zone, do i have to mix it with water ? show me how to clean my intake please, thanks

I have never had a problem using full strength/concentrate Simple Green...

On the back, it should have instructions on what part simple green to a certain part water...if you want to dillute it.

Cleaning is really pretty simple, just get some paper towels, shop towels, rags and spray or spread over the intake and just scrub around, make it look clean and degreased:) You won't be able to get to much detail work on the inside of the intake of course, but just 'scrub' what you can get too...

Like I stated earlier, a machine shop can put it in a hot tank and it cleans inside and out.

You could try putting your intake in a bucket of hot water and the simple green and wash it that way, splish-splashing it around:)

No real science to it, good luck man!

thanks alot every one. Im wait for randy back from vacation ( does any one here ever buy a PI intake swap kit from randy ( without the intake ). and how much he charge for ? when I get all the gasket and part, this PI intake will be on my mustang.

thanks alot every one. Im wait for randy back from vacation ( does any one here ever buy a PI intake swap kit from randy ( without the intake ). and how much he charge for ? when I get all the gasket and part, this PI intake will be on my mustang.

This list should cover you:

01+ PI Intake Gasket – YL3Z-9439-BA -(1 each for a total of 2) – or FelPro – MS-92121
Alternator Bracket - F8AZ-10153-EA – 96-98 with PI Intake/Al. Crossover - (1 brkt)
Coolant Tube – XR3Z-18B402-AA - (1 tube)
Coolant Nipple – F75Z-8555-AA – (1 nipple)
Upper Plenum O-Ring – XR3Z-9L437-BA – (1 o-ring)
Thermostat O-Ring – F1VY-8255-A – (1 o-ring)
Water Pump O-Ring – F1VY-8507-A – (1 o-ring)
Stock or 180* Thermostat – 3L3Z-8575-AC (192*) - (1 t-stat)

Give that post (copy) to Randy and he will see if that is enough. Many people just get gaskets and the little odds and ends from him. You don't have to buy the intake from him to get the other stuff:)

I think he comes back on the 13th right? Monday, Monday, Monday - I imagine he will be very busy...but he will get to you:nice:

Just doing some rough math in my head from memory - I figure you will pay around (very ballpark figure) of $65-70, just depends...that was based on the parts above...

Thanks I cant wait for him to coming back. On the time I been waiting for him ( my car is storage in the garage ), I did alot tune up and order me a personilize license plate.:rlaugh:

Hi every one :flag: . Finally have a chance to talk to randy and get order from him, stuff will be here by friday. About drill another hole for sensor, what shop can I bring to for them to drill and tap it ? and what rtv do I need to put in that threat for the sensort ? thanks

Old thermostat bolts work just fine. Just reuse them...:nice:

Killa - A machine shop will do it for you, just tell them to tap it the same size as the passenger side coolant sensor.

Use 'thread sealer' (found at any auto parts store), just ask the man/woman at the counter and they will get it for you...

Today friend give me a call and told me that, he found alot oil in my NPI intake and on right side head port hole. Long time ago my right side valve cover is is soak with oil and it spay alot on top of fulse inject and on the top of the intake. I put in new right side valve cover gasket and it never leak again, my oil is alway full now. is this cause my intake to soak with oil, left side port is no oil at all ,but my right side port is cover with oil. What cause this problem ? thanks

enginebm5.jpg

Attachments

• enginebm5.jpg
    enginebm5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
quite normal. sounds like a PCV valve issue, replace it and you should be fine. just remember that the PCV valve should be replaced at 30k, along wth your fuel and air filter

You are my hero randy :nice: . I heard something about oil catch can ( that can be made out of home depot ), any body have any info about these ? thanks BTW where is my pcv locate ? and how to install it :) ?

Randy my friend he cant get 2 of the sensort, in my old intake out, he broke the NPI intake already, how much for those 2 sensort in front of the intake ? are they both the same sensort ? how much for both ? thanks

Well he end up buying 2 sensort from the dealer, put every thing back together, he dint put the, Water pump nipple, Water pump o-ring, is that ok ? or I have to tell him do it all oever again ? first the car seem run really strong and pull hard, but after it warm up, it show low coolant, i put more coolant, and now the car seem to surging at low speed, it look like not power at all, I never change the spark plug wire, Im going to change it with new motorcraft wire and platium plug, let see if its help.