pic and music update for those of you who remember me

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
hey guys, sorry i haven't been checking in lately, i've been a pretty busy man.

some updates:

the model a is now shod with som harley davidson tires up front, some rebuilt carbs and a little less paint. plans for this winter include a red oxide primer with off white scallops and wheels. ill post pics.

the bigger news is that i've been playing drums for this band "ploy for extinction" since early june, we just played our first show sat night for a local metal station's "best band in denver" contest. we're in the top 18 but i can't see us going much further then that. either way, we just joined to get more exposure, heres a link (might be a little hard for some people) MySpace.com - Ploy For Extinction (New song posted) - Denver, Colorado - Metal / Thrash / Hardcore - www.myspace.com/ployforextinction

without further adue, heres the pics...

therattt004.jpg

therattt005.jpg

therattt009.jpg

therattt010.jpg

therattt002-1.jpg

therattt002.jpg

Attachments

• therattt004.jpg
    therattt004.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
  • therattt005.jpg
    therattt005.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 97
  • therattt009.jpg
    therattt009.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 76
  • therattt010.jpg
    therattt010.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 87
  • therattt002-1.jpg
    therattt002-1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 93
  • therattt002.jpg
    therattt002.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Sponsors (?)

Damn dude! You can beat those drums! You're pretty damned good. I could do without the flangy effect thing on the guitars in the beginning of that one song...i can't stand 99% of the guitar effects out there...they're just gimmicks, let the music make the point and not the gimmicks (like for example, how many bands have used the megaphone vocal trick like Days of The New did?).

What did you guys record on? The guitar is a little muddy and could stand to be more crisp...but that's just my opinion.

Nice RPU. Is it an original cab, or did you start from scratch? Is that a Buick grille shell? Homemeade chassis? I'm starting to gather parts for one myself, and I want mine to sit about the same as yours. Nice ride :nice:

Nice RPU. Is it an original cab, or did you start from scratch? Is that a Buick grille shell? Homemeade chassis? I'm starting to gather parts for one myself, and I want mine to sit about the same as yours. Nice ride :nice:

the cowl and doors are A, the back of the cab is a 53 chebby truck flipped and narrowed lol. yes, 27 buick shell, scratch 2X3 frame, it's cool but i'd like something either bagged or a lot lower

the cowl and doors are A, the back of the cab is a 53 chebby truck flipped and narrowed lol. yes, 27 buick shell, scratch 2X3 frame, it's cool but i'd like something either bagged or a lot lower

I am going to start with a cowl and doors as well. I need to stretch the cab (I'm 6' 4"), I would like a 30/31 cowl like yours. I'm still in the gathering stages right now. Do you know of any salvage yards in CO. that have cowls, or other A parts. I have family in Ft. Collins, and I may go visit them soon. I would like to see some older tin.

I am going to start with a cowl and doors as well. I need to stretch the cab (I'm 6' 4"), I would like a 30/31 cowl like yours. I'm still in the gathering stages right now. Do you know of any salvage yards in CO. that have cowls, or other A parts. I have family in Ft. Collins, and I may go visit them soon. I would like to see some older tin.

none man lol sorry...

and thanks double a', i actually traded a series of car to get where im at now, so no, unfortunately i didn't build it.

Your Harley tires are going the wrong way! I know it looks correct, but they're actually supposed to go backwards. It doesn't really matter though, just noticed it. But that's a sick ride. I would like to know some drivetrain specs too, it actually looks like it could be quick.

that is correct, i dont have the 89 now. drivetrain specs are minimal, 4bolt main 350 with a 4/71 blower and zoomies lol th350/10 bolt with 4:11's and a posi. literally the gnarliest, fastest, loudest running car i've ever owned lol