Pick n Pull explorer motor

95ssn95

Nov 4, 2008
Missouri
I was at picknpull getting some odds for the stang and saw a 5.0 explorer with the heads and intake, what do you guys think about the gt40p heads and intake that i could pull from that? really about ready to head back up there and start to strip it.

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what year the Explorer is but if its the GT40p headed truck and intake it's decent stuff. Check out the 94-95 Sticky in tech for the Explorer intake flow rate numbers. The heads are a bit better than the stock E7's even better if you send them to a machine shop for work. If they are the P head then you'll need a P specific header. Although some have had success with some Long Tubes. I've seen dyno sheets close to 300 rear wheel HP with a good cam.

Thanks vibrant, the one I saw yesterday was a 96 so no go, there was a '00 that I spotted but as I was expecting it was HI-less.. so I thought. Saw this laying there waiting for a good home.
uploadfromtaptalk1329704820862.jpg

But honestly is this thing any good? I assume it's from the '00. Paid $48.

Here's the current state of the car along with a couple of the finds, others were a broken defrost vent and cig lighter door that was scratched.
uploadfromtaptalk1329704751184.jpg
Debating whether to by tires now.............or lower it, shocks struts, cc, poly-bush everything, with bumpsteer, sub frames and fires with that. Basically. Now I know it's a lot but price roughly the same as a new set of tires. My current set is about 3 year new taken off in the winters and looking tired, ha tired but they are but is not my dd anymore, I think I may already have convinced myself, thanks again, still on the hunt for gt40p heads, then a valve job port and polish and a cam, a tune......ah pi$$. One thing at a time of course and you bet I'll be sharing along the way. Chalk it up. #STANGNETMADEMEPOOR

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk